Chapter Three: Flashback

Flashback: Several months earlier

    PEOPLE SUCK! That’s what I think. All they do is complain. It drives me freaking crazy. Instead of just sitting on your ass and complaining all the time, get up and do something about it. I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t take my own advice, so that’s what I did. That’s what we did. I don’t think the world is ready for this. Too bad for them, cause I am.

Raven: You know something Marcus, life’s too short not to have lots of fun.

Marcus: What the hell are you talking about dude?

Raven: Just thinking out loud. I’m wondering what I should do about that little problem of mine.  

Marcus: Little is an understatement. If you ask me, I think you should just kill him. He can’t be a problem if he’s dead. Besides, he deserves it. Always giving you crap for the way you look and shit. Kick his ass Raven, I’ve been telling you to do this for a while now.

Marcus: I mean shit, is it really your fault that you were born looking that way. Yeah it’s freaky that you have two different color eyes and everything. Who has one green eye and one bluish looking one but who cares right? I don’t! I could careless if you had a talking mole growing on your back…you don’t do you. Not that I care though.

Raven: I get it Marcus! Damn!

Marcus: I was just saying, no need to get angry, jeez. I really think you should eliminate the source of the problem.

Raven: Maybe you’re right. Eliminating the source would eradicate the problem. I wonder if I could get away with it.

Marcus: Of course you could, just don’t get caught.

Raven: Easier said then done, my friend.

***

    I wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing. I’ve done some stupid shit with Marcus in my time, but taking his advice about killing Dominic, has got to be the dumbest. He does deserve this though. A man can only take so much before they snap. I haven’t snapped yet but I’m not sure I want to wait and take the chance that I might. Dominic had been the bane of my existence for so long, I can’t wait to see his face when I slit his throat. This is going to be so much fun. I’m so anxious right now, night needs to come quickly.

Come night, allow me to sate myself in the blood of the wicked. Come quickly…quickly release me from this torturous wait.

***

    What could be more wonderful then a full moon? Perhaps filling the night air with the wails of the dying. Or seeing that beautiful moon drenched and dripping in blood. The time had finally arrived. Tonight I would deliver Dominic into the arms of the Grim Reaper.

I followed Dominic as he made his way down the street. It had been fifteen minutes of slow agonizing agony, as I walked behind him, hiding in the shadows. Where the hell was this guy going? I thought. I kept myself busy thinking about the different ways I would kill him. I would make him beg for his life, get on his knees in front of me and plead for that worthless life of his. Of course this would do him no good but he didn’t know that.

Dominic was tall and lanky with greasy black hair and brown eyes. He had no right to talk about anybody else, I was doing this world a favor by removing this person. He looked behind him once before turning into a nearby park. I looked around me, the park was empty, only filled with a creeping darkness. This was the chance I was looking for. The chase would end here. He walked further and further into the park, the trees enclosing around us. Here, no one would hear his screams, here no one would interrupt us.