Chapter 64

We sat eating our meal in silence. This wasn't because anything bad had happened. The only reason for the silence was that stir fried vegetables were harder to chew. Ella was a really good cook, though. The last time I had eaten a good stir fry was at a girl called Becca's house when I was thirteen. Becca's Dad was Chinese, which was probably why the food was so amazing.

After eating I decided to go out for a walk. I hadn't really seen much of Rosewood without a sibling that doubled up as a tour guide shadowing me. This was handy, but I wanted to wander off and see everywhere on my own. I saw a rustic board when we drove into Rosewood with the town's low population written on it, so there wouldn't be enough space to even try to get lost in.

I put on some comfortable trainers and grabbed a pair of headphones before leaving the house. I had only ever turned right, as turning right lead you directly to the main shops and buildings, so I turned left. I walked along the roads with my favourite Lucy Hale songs blasting into my eardrums. Although it was now past 6pm, the sky was still a pale shade of blue and was dotted with small fluffy clouds. The air was a little bit cooler than earlier, but that could have been due to the slight breeze that was causing goosebumps to appear on my bare legs. Loud music was filling my ears and there were cars whizzing past me, yet it still felt peaceful. I saw a bench on the side of the path in front of me and decided now would be a good time to stop and tie my shoe laces. As I began to twist the laces to make a bow I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I took one headphone out of my eat and looked up. Next to me was a boy who seemed to be around my age. He had curly blonde hair and dark brown eyes. His eyebrows were almost as good as Aria's, but not quite. He had a plain grey t-shirt and a pair of dark jeans. You could really say he was wearing a pair of converse, as it was hard not to notice that one shoe was a lighter shade of blue than the other.

"Hey." The boy said, offering me an M&M from the bag he was eating from.

"Do you know me?" I asked, awkwardly laughing at how casual this random kid was acting.

"I'm in your art class and your English class." He answered, now sitting down next to me on the bench.

"I didn't have Art today. How do you know I'm in your class?" I Confused on whether I had gained a personal stalker or not.

"Most people think art is too time consuming and takes a lot of dedication. It's big news when there's a new kid." The boy told me.

"Well reassuring. The whole school's already talking about me anyway, so it doesn't make too much difference," I said. "Anyway, what's your name?"

"My names Isaac. Isaac Harvey." He answered.

"Well, nice to meet you Isaac." I said with a polite smile.

"Your accent is hilarious." Isaac said with a grin that made him look like a 6-year-old on Halloween. "I'll see you tomorow, Nancy Montgomery." He then jumped up off of the bench and walked away.

By half past six I was back at home. I loved calling this house my home. I loved having my very own key and walking in to see people who loved and cared about me.

"Hi." I said to Ella when I first walked in. I still called her Ella, but if I was talking to other people I would say ''My Mum'. I know she's my biological mother and I love her more than anything in the world, but it will take me a while to get used to calling two people my Mum.

"Hey, come and sit with me." Ella said, patting the space on the sofa next to her.

"On my way." I said, running over. I still wasn't 100% comfortable with doing weird things, such as running and enthusiastically dancing inside. I sat with Ella and gave her a big hug. Ella was the best hugger in the family, and I had become very close to Ella. In the beginning when everyone had trouble accepting me, she tried to make me feel welcome, even though she hadn't fully accepted me yet. I still have doubts that I don't fit in and I bother anyone, but for the most part I'm happy. I say with Ella and started to watch the episode of Modern Family she was watching.

"They think their family is complicated. They should be me for a day." I said once the episode had finished.

"I'm going to get a coffee. And then go and mark some English essays now, Nance." Ella said, pulling herself off of the sofa.

"Okay. I'll go see Aria or something." I said with a smile before climbing up the stairs.

I knocked on Aria's door to make sure she wasn't half naked or anything. She shouted for my to come in, so I opened he door and went to join her on her bed where she was on her laptop.

"How was your walk?" Aria asked, glancing away from her laptop screen for a split second.

"It was good. I didn't get too lost, but this boy who's apparently in some of my classes started talking to me." I told Aria.

"Name?" Aria demanded.

"Isaac Harvey." I answered.

"Oh, he's the one who I thought was a wannabe hipster. Turns out his only hipster qualities are being artistic and wearing beanies from time to time. What did he say?" Aria asked.

I told Aria every single detail about my conversation with Isaac on the bench. I went into so much detail that I re-enacted our entire 2 minute conversation with one of Aria's creepy dolls.

"That boy likes you!" Aria squeezed. "You've been at Rosewood High School for a single day and you already have boys bowing for you like you're the queen of England!"

"You read too many romance novels, Aria." I said between laughs. I couldn't decide whether my sister was extremely dramatic or overly sarcastic. Whatever it was, she needed to join a drama class.

"He's into you." Aria stated.

"He doesn't even know anything about me." I tried to argue.

"He was obviously stunned by your gorgeous face." Aria said as she put her cold hands on my cheeks. If only everyone else knew how crazy this girl was.

Me and Aria spent the rest of our evening discussing Ezra, Isaac, and whether Maddie Ziegler or Chloe Lukasiak was a better dancer. It was quarter to eleven by the time I made my way back to my bedroom and got to sleep.

I was woken up before the alarm to Ella, Mike, and Aria loudly talking outside of my bedroom.

"It's too early." I said, opening the door and rubbing my eyes.

"Nancy, Byron's gone. Did he mention to you where he was going, is there anywhere you think he could be?