Part Thirty

PHIL P.O.V

"What?- Why? I don't- I don't want to." I tried to read the note with words she was holding, but I wasn't able to read it without my glasses, and probably ashamed to admit that.
"Listen, do you want me to untie you? Then do as I say! I won't give you your food if you don't read it." Felicia sang in a annoying tune.
Annoying; The perfect word to describe her.
I now clenched my teeth and felt my stomach twirl because of the hunger.
"I can't read it, okay?" I softly admitted, not looking at her.
There we go;
I heard her laughing slightly,
"As in: You literally can't? Are you not wearing lenses?" She said softly, biting the inside of her cheek.
I shook my head, a small sigh escaping from my mouth.
"Oh, I have a sister who's also as blind as you! So I can just 'borrow' her glasses for a little while, just wait a second and I'll be right back." I still didn't look at her as she walked away, but as soon as her footsteps had faded, my hands fought to get loose again. But they failed.
I failed.
I had been trying to get free for over the past hours, and nothing had worked out so far. The rope was so thick, and strong. The knot was made so well, there was no chance of getting it loose by yourself.
"Here you go!" She came back and I immediately sat still, feeling her warm hands touching the sides of my face as she placed the glasses on my nose gently, as soon as she did, the world became much clearer, and I could now see most of the details on her face.
"Aw, look at you!" She said as she bit her lip with a huge grin.
I didn't look at her, but at the ground,
"Well, then." She started again,
"Go ahead." She showed me the note, and I was now able to also see what was standing in the darkness; a chair, with her sitting on it, holding an iPhone.
I doubly started reading the note,
"Hello, Dan..?" I frowned at the first sentence, she nodded,
"Don't read it in such a questionable tone, I need you to sound confident."
She said seriously. "Sorry.." I started over again,
"Hello, Dan. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not not okay. In fact, I am completely fine." I took a small break, it was such a weird note.
"And hello, police. Please, don't help me.. I am not kidnapped by someone. Especially not someone close to me." I shook my head, a sign that I didn't want to read further. I didn't want to tell people this. But Felicia made a gesture with her hand for me to move on.
"Don't look further, I'm safe." And that was the ending. I frowned again,
"Great! So I promised you some things, and I will always do what I promised. So.." Felicia jumped up from the chair after tapping her phone a couple of times, she turned on the lights, and my area was finally visible.
But it was nothing more than I expected; A dusty, old basement with just a few boxes and other useless stuff.
"Oh, and I will trust you. I will untie you, but lock the door." She giggled for some reason, and walked to the back of my chair. I tried to follow her with my eyes, but she got out of reach. She kneeled down behind me, and really slowly untied the ropes around my wrists.
I sighed from relief, and moved my wrists in different directions, feeling the pain.
"So, you're free to walk around and investigate things. I got to go now, see you around, sweetheart." Felicia smiled at me, and walked out of the door, locking it behind her. I was left alone in the dusty cellar with two chairs and a couple of cardboard boxes. As soon as the door closed, I stood up, and walked towards the plate. It was a normal looking sandwich, with meat on it I was unable to identify. But it was better than nothing, and the hunger was killing me. I sat down onto the ground, leaning my back against the other chair, and started to eat the sandwich.