4) Catalyst

"When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss."

—Banksy

There's nothing worse than realizing your life is becoming a Taylor Swift song

There's nothing worse than realizing your life is becoming a Taylor Swift song. And this was most definitely a Bad Blood moment, I noted as I approached the table that Katie was seated at.

"Thank you so much," she said with a small smile when she saw me. I hated her a little more for that smile.

"What?" I asked, already annoyed.

"You came," she replied, her smile widening.

I took a seat and made a show of glaring at her. "I only came so that you can say your piece and exit my life."

"I am so so sorry, Tay," she said, her voice remorseful. "You have no idea how terrible I feel about all of this."

"You telling me that you feel guilty only helps you, not me," I gritted out. "And just so we're clear, I will never forgive you for this."

"You guys were already broken up," she said quietly. "I didn't wreck your relationship, I simply fell in love. What's so wrong with that?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and counted to five in my head before I said something that I'd regret later.

"Why can't you be happy for me?" she murmured.

"Katie, you cannot build your happiness at the expense of my misery and honestly expect me to be jumping with joy for you. I fall asleep in pain and wake up in agony, so forgive me for not giving two shits that you fell in love!" I hissed.

"Tay..." she started but I cut her off.

"Do you have any idea what it's like to feel physical pain because of a broken heart? My heart was already in pieces when Brian left and you've taken all of those pieces and lit them on fire!" I seethed.

"You make it sound so poetic, Taylor, but this is not all on me!"

"Oh, no, I assure you that there is nothing poetic about struggling to get out of bed every day. And yes, it is all on you, because you did this. You did what you've always done Katie and I am so sick of it."

Someone cleared their throat and I turned to glare at the intruder. "Sorry to interrupt you ladies, but may I take your order?"

"Two lattes, please," Katie told the waiter with an apologetic smile.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, and then another one. I felt like I was going to pass out from all the rage bubbling inside me.

"I don't want to fight with you, Taylor. I just want us to go back to the way we were before all of this," she sniffled.

"What the hell have you been smoking?" I growled. "The way we were before? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Taylor..."