Chapter 17 - Jealous

~~~ CHAPTER 17 - JEALOUS ~~~

Fortunately, Nigel didn't do any stupid thing of telling mom about my being drunk during our acquaintance party or about his suspicion on Diego and me the following day. Mom and I spent the whole morning, after her soothing milk bath, chatting with each other. Nigel locked himself in his studio while Diego, who wanted to familiarize the city streets, accompanied Suzana to shop for groceries --- goods that were not a part of the Sarmiento products since we had a non-stop supply of those.

After lunch, mommy and Diego immediately headed on the roads to return to The Fields. It was a short visit but, for me, it was like a breath of fresh air.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I managed to stay with Nigel for the next month. I had quite adjusted myself in the university as well as life in the city. Kara still was my friend and we got along well in spite of Nigel's impression on her being a bad influence.

I was glad that Alonzo came from another university so I wasn't seeing him anymore. However, Kara started to get close with Serge and that made her ecstatic every day. It made me wonder the change that love could bring to a person. Just weeks ago, she said she didn't like somebody to push her do crazy things in the name of love. But now, by looks of it, she couldn't get Serge out of her system. Hmmm, welcome to the club, Kara!

I never went again to any party after that acquaintance party we had at St. Louis. I couldn't afford myself to get drunk again. I had to be the perfect fiancèe in the most possible way. I just had to be that perfect woman Nigel would soon learn to love.

On weekdays, the only place to be was school. After school, I would always see to it to go back to the condo so Nigel would have nothing to say about me anymore. I would then help Suzana prepare dinner, whether Nigel would come home or not. If I had to shop, I would always tell him, whether he cared or not, but he would always send the driver to bring me wherever I wanted to go. So that was the kind of life I had right now... It wasn't something that I would say boring because I was a homebuddy at heart.

Yet, I missed the lagoon... as always.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Where are we going?" I asked him with my widely opened eyes. Was I hearing right? Nigel was telling me to get changed because he was bringing me somewhere. Wow, this was definitely the first time that he was asking me out. Asking me out? Was I overthinking?

It was a Saturday and we were taking our breakfast as we sat across each other in the dining table. You have to take note of the fact that we rarely did this together. Hence, this was a great start of a day for me!

"Can't you just refrain from asking?" he demanded.

"I have to ask, you know, so I'd have an idea which outfit to wear."

"Don't be too excited on outfits. Just wear something comfortable," he stated bluntly.

"Okay," I shrugged my shoulders. If outfits didn't matter so I wouldn't make it a problem. The idea of going out with him was just more than enough. "Is this a date?" I asked unconsciously. It was too late for me to realize what I had just asked.

He eyed me like I was something unbelievable. "In your dreams, Princess," he said in pure sarcasm. "Just you wait and see."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

It was not going to be a date so there was nothing for me to celebrate. It turned out that Mommy Carol was supposed to be toured around his sugar factory today but she gave him a ring and said that she couldn't make it. She rather instructed Nigel to bring me along instead and I would be the one to report everything to her. Pretty clever, wasn't she? When she told me about it on the phone, I instantly figured out that she purposely planned this so Nigel and I could spend our weekend together. I guessed the guy solved the puzzle, too. He was clever just like mom, wasn't he? Thus, when I confronted him about the tour after I talked with mom, he clearly stressed in my face that factories are not quite a venue for a date.