Chapter Two - The Blue Eyed Boy

Hey starbeams! Here is a new chapter, please let me know what you think :)

Chapter Two

The Blue Eyed Boy

Realisation hit me like a wave and sank like a ship.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He scowled. "You could have killed me."

My hands were shaking, "God, I'm so sorry!" I edged towards him and held out my hand, "Are you ok?"

"No thanks to you and that stupid dump of a truck you're driving."

I ignored the insult towards my car. "I really am sorry, I dropped my bracelet and it means a lot to me, I didn't want to lose it." I said, my words trailing off. I instantly regretted mentioning the bracelet. If his eyes could kill me, I'd be dead.

"You nearly killed me for a stupid bracelet!"

I fought the urge to say it wasn't stupid.

"You're an idiot."

I didn't argue. It was a stupid thing to do. "Do you need to go to the hospital?" There was some dirt on his jeans and a few scuff marks on his boots, he didn't look hurt, but it was the least I could do.

With a mocking laugh, he stared down at me, "You want me to get in to that thing," he jabbed in finger in the direction of my truck, "you must be insane."

Routing around in my pocket, I pulled out my phone, "Well do you want to call someone to pick you up?" I smiled sheepishly. I was an idiot and this guy looked as if he was about to rip my head off with his bare hands.

He scoffed at my offer. "Well aren't you kind."

"Look," I fought my nerves and the fear of looking directly at those penetrating green eyes, "I'm sorry for what happened. I really am, but if there's anything I can do, I will."

He towered over my small frame and there was a deathly emptiness to his eyes. I wanted to turn on my heel and high tail it away from him as soon as I could, but I felt guilty. I could have hurt someone for a bracelet, what was I thinking? It was dumb, even for me. He glared at me through the stands of hair that fell over his eyes. Then, with one final snarl, he turned and walked away, calling out, "Go back to your castle, princess," over his shoulder.

* * *

I finally made it home, shaken and very stirred by what had happened. I didn't bother telling my mom and dad that I had almost killed someone less than four hours after being given my first car. They were pretty laid back, but they weren't completely horizontal.

I had called Caleb and told him everything. He had made me feel slightly better, but not by much. I hoped with everything I had that I wouldn't see that guy again, and even that would be too soon.

"Addy!" The shriek voice of my sister broke my thoughts, "Mel and Mark." I figured that was my cue to leave the comfort of my bedroom and head down stairs.

Mel greeted me first, "Happy birthday, Addison." She pulled me in to her arms, "You've changed so much." I smiled. I hadn't grown at all and I wasn't sure why people said that when they hadn't seen you for an amount of time. I looked exactly the same as I always had. Brown eyes, brown hair, pale complexion, glasses for reading, if I remembered to put them in my bag and a small scar just above my right brow.

Same old Addison.

With a smile, Mark stepped forward. "Happy birthday kiddo." He too wrapped me in a familiar hug.

"Thanks Uncle Mark." I kissed them both on the cheek before taking a gift bag held out to me by Mel. "You guys didn't have to get me anything." I smiled. This comment was simply waved off.