Chapter Eighteen

"That's just life." The stranger said, a woman.

I turned around to see Professor Leona Strapish, the new charms teacher.

"Oh, hello Professor." I gave her a forced smile.

"What's wrong, Athena?" The teacher put her hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing's wrong." I said avoiding her eyes.

"We both know that's not true."

"Professor," Professor Leona looked at me, "What's your view on the tournament?" I asked.

"Well I think it's a good way to bring our schools together, it's not as dangerous as you may think the only reason someone died last time is because of Voldemort, he's not around now so everything should be fine," I gave the teacher a look of discomfort," Right, Athena?"

"Yes, professor of course..." I wasn't going to tell her about Nicholas and McKayla not until I know for sure that everyone I care about is okay.

"Good, I hear you and that Patrokolas boy are fighting?" She asked.

"Yes Professor."

"Look it's none of my business who my students are friends with but I saw the way you guys looked at each other when I first got here, he still looks at you like that," she motioned to a corner where I swore I could see Alex poking his head out. "Go talk to him, kiss and make up whatever you kids do."

"Professor! We don-" She cut me off.

"Just go and talk to him. Or detention for both of you." She said jokingly.

"Professor, but... Fine, I need to slap him for spying on me anyways"

"Fair enough, as a teacher I don't condone violence so don't leave any marks." She laughed.

"You got it professor."

I got up and walked over to where my snooping friend was standing, he must have heard our conversation because when I got over there he was gone. I shruged and headed back to the great hall