~Scandal~15

Cookie: Okay my little chick-a-dees XD Chap 15! Yaaay And yes, you may drool over the two hot guys on the right--------> See them? Yeah i bet you do hehehe :P And no they're not Evan or Derek...if you read my other story "I Tempted Him With A Kiss" then you'd know who they are XD

Youtube Song "Who Owns My Heart" By Miley Cyrus requested by Amyscence. Song makes me wanna go to a club and groove hehe

----

~Evan's POV~

I woke snuggled warmly in Derek's arms.

      At first I was confused. Was I still dreaming? Only in my dreams would Derek ever hold me intimately like this, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

     Then I remembered last night.

      Everything came flooding back. Every word said, every action done. I felt my cheeks reddening with when the images of what Derek and I had done last night flashes in my mind. My whole body started to burn just thinking about it.

     Gently, so that I wouldn't wake him up, I eased out of his hold and pushed myself up. Derek mumbled incoherent words in his sleep, brows furrowing and lips thinning. But he didn't open his eyes. They remained closed as he continued to dream.

      Who ever said that another man couldn't love another man like he can a woman is wrong. Dead wrong. Because right now, the love I felt for this sleeping boy...no, sleep man was absolute. Whether we both likes it or not, he has become the axis of my world. Someone irreplaceable. It's almost laughable how much I loved him.

      And with that love came fear.

      He had said that he wouldn't regret what we've done but with Derek...I couldn't trust his words. He was too impulsive, too rash when making critical decisions like last night. He'd always end up regretting them even though he'd never admit to it.

      Would last night be another one?

      The thought hurt but it was unavoidable. Sooner or later he was going to wake up and I'll finally be able to see his eyes. Derek's eyes never lied. They would tell me what he was thinking...and those thoughts would seal my fate in his world. And the thing is...even if he ended up blaming me for the whole thing...I could never make myself hate him for the pain it would cause.

      Why?

      I gazed tenderly at his face.

     Well...because I'm irrevocably in love with him. And love tended to make people act stupid and blind. And because I've been in love with him for so long that I'd never escape from it. He had me so tightly bound to him that even my own feelings scared me.

      If Derek wakes up and look at me with revulsion in his eyes...what would I do?

      I don't want to find out.

      I slid out of the bed and dressed, suddenly feeling an intense need to get away. When Derek wakes up, I didn't want to be around. It was a cowardly thing to do but the thought of seeing such accusation and hatred in his eyes scared me. It was better to give him space before eventually confronting him. And I would eventually have to face him...it was unavoidable.

     I rushed out the cabin, noting that everyone was still asleep. It was already a little past nine but since they had stayed out so late I'm sure none of them will be waking up anytime soon. That would give me time for myself. Time to think. Time to plan if Derek ends up hating me. I needed to be prepared for rejection.