~Scandal~28

<---- VOTE FOR THIS EXCITING CHAPTER! OMG! >.<

Cookie:  ATTENTION!!! Ahhh! Pic on the right is Derek...sexy sexy Derek!

The song for this chapter is "Next To You" By Chris Brown w/ Justin Bieber (THIS SONG WILL BE VERY SIGNIFICANT IN THIS CHAPTER IN MORE WAYS THAN 1 ;p)

I was too excited to have time to edit this chapter >.< So I uploaded w/o editing but I'll edit as I read along after publishing. Excuse any mistakes! O;

oh and   HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIOVANNIE STORM!!! aka AMYSCENCE ;)

----

~Evan's POV~

"I should have decked him more."

      I turned my attention away from the computer screen and watched Derek enter my room, half naked from the waist down. Fresh out of the shower, he still had beads of water sliding down his skin and dripping on the carpet as he dried his hair with a dark blue towel that matched the color of his boxers.

     "By 'him' I'm guessing you're referring to Charlie," I said, half amused. Now that I had my eyes on him, I couldn't seem to be able to look away.

     "Yeah," Derek grumbled, plopping his butt down on the edge of my bed. "Charlie."

    It was already dark outside, having been two hours since we left Charlie's house after our confrontation with him. When we left, the four of us, Paul, Shelly, Derek and I didn't immediately part ways and go home. Instead we stopped by Mcdonald's to get something to eat and discuss what we were going to do next.

     After an hour of heated discussion, all of us decided that we'd pay a visit to Shelly's father together. Shelly had been reluctant, her fear transparent but Derek nor any of us would have it. Someone needed to talk to her father and since Shelly didn't have anyone else to do it...it was left to me, Derek and Paul.

     Outnumbered, Shelly finally agreed but begged to do it tomorrow because she couldn't handle so much stress at one time. That, Paul and I agreed on so I made Derek shut up and submit to her request. Waiting another day wouldn't hurt. It would give us even more time to prepare. Who knows what will happen when we face her father about his abusiveness towards his only daughter.

    "I'm glad Daisy wasn't stupid enough to stay with him," Derek said, tossing the towel over his shoulder. "It serves him right."

     "Yeah," I nodded in agreement. I didn't voice that there was a part of me that felt sorry for Charlie. I didn't expect Derek to understand my sympathy. He'd probably want to get my head examined.

     "Thanks for letting me stay over." Derek shot me a knowing look from under the damp hair over his eyes. "Though I know why you were so willing to agree to have me spend the night at your place."

     I smiled and shrugged. "I'm not letting you out of my sight until you cool down more, Derek. For all I know, you'll go stomping off to Charlie's house to finish what you started."

    Derek scowled. "To finish what he started, you mean. The jerk actually tried to go after a pregnant woman."

    My smile dimmed. "I don't think he was going to go through with it."

    Derek didn't look like he believed me. "Yeah? So why'd you grab Shelly out the way then, huh?"

     I lifted a brow. "Just in case Charlie tripped while trying to stop himself?"