Chapter Fourteen

Ok guys this is really short chapter. A tease …hope you like it…It has a surprise for you. Thanks for reading despite my grammatical errors. MarcyN

Copyright © MarcyN 2013

Angelo held on tightly to Francesca’s hand as he lead her through the crowded restaurant as the weaved and bobbed their way through to the kitchen.

“Yo, Lulu.” Angelo yelled at his friend standing in front of a  work station as he was handed plates that went from plain dishes of food to works of art  to waiters. “Hey Angie baby. Francesca watched the tall dark head man yell out orders as another took his spot and he walked over to Angelo throwing punches that he block after which they hugged like long lost brothers.

“And who is this gorgeous lady.”

“This is Francesca.” Angelo responded.

“Hello Francesca. Whatcha doing with this bum?”Angelo watched as his friend took Francesca hand kissing it.

“Don’t you worry about that you just keep your hands and your  lips to yourself.” Angelo smacked his hand off of Francesca’s giving him a evil look.

“Was that suppose to scare me?’ His friend laughed. “Anyway I got you meal to go ready for you.”

“How did you know?” Francesca asked.

“I know our parents French..It was a matter of time before they said something that one of us was not going to like.”

“So where are we going?” She asked.

“To my place, if you don’t mind?”

“No, I don’t mind.”

“You two make such a cute couple .” ..Luigi laughed as he handed Angleo the bags with their meal. “I added a bottle of 1972 Merlot..”

“Thanks but  we can’t drink for another seven months.” The words came out her mouth without thought.

Francesca  laughed at the look Lu gave her stomach then Angelo.

“You’re going to be a father? Congratulations’ bro welcome to my world.”  He said giving them both a bear hug

“Yes were expecting.”  Angelo confirmed.

Later as they sat on blanket in his living room they ate the meal Luigi had prepared for them of  which started with a Capaese salad followed by Veal Scallopi and ending with Ricotta cheese cake.

Francesca laid back on the blanket. “I can’t eat another bite. I’m stuff literally she looked over at

Angelo who was stuffing down his second piece of cake.

“How can you possibly have enough room for more.”

 “ I jog it off  tomorrow, but remember I’m eating for two too.”

“Yeah right you are.” 

He put his plate down sliding over to her placing his hand on her pertruding belly. Then lying his head where his hand had been. “Where going to be parents.” He turned looking at her.

“Yes we are.”

“Why won’t you marry me Francesca?” Her sad smile tugging at his heart.

“Because I don’t want you to wake up one day and say I  that trapped you in to  marriage.”

“You’re not trapping me, I want this, I want you.”

“You’re just saying that now because I’m pregnant. If I weren’t we wouldn’t even be here.”