Maid For Him

Copyright © 2012 MarcyN

The sudden click from the turning of the door knob, made Francesca looked up from the file on her desk as the door to her office suddenly burst open and than slammed closed as her mother walked in announcing her present. She knew instantly that her mother was up to no good by the smile she wore as she crossed the room taking a seat in one of two black leather chairs in front of her desk. Francesca sat back smilingly shaking her head. Here we go she thought. "What's up mother?"

"I need a favor."

Francesca watched her mother closely not wanting to miss a beat. She mimicked her mother's actions as she crossed her legs and looked her mother squarely in the eye. "No!"

"Francesca, you don't even know what it is that I want." Francesca looked into her mother's chocolate brown eyes similar to her own. An instantly knew that she needed to approach with caution.

" No ! I don't want to be a part of whatever you and your friend or friends are cooking up."

Rising from her chair Francesca walked around her desk and leaned back on it crossing her arms and her ankles as she faced her mother . "I know this is one of your schemes." She gave her mother a chastising look. "I'm not looking for a man. I comfortably single."

Francesca watched as her mother stood up squaring her shoulder. Her mother was nerver one to give up a fight. And this was a fight to her mother. And Giana would do whatever she needed to do to find her daughter a husband and get her started on making babies. Francesca took a deep breath she had to be calm when dealing with her mother. Being the only child didn't have it's perks. It was a lot of pressure on her to start a family. It was hard making her mother understand that her business was her husband and her baby right now.

Mom please . I don't need a man right now. Giana stood in front of her daughter. She had to get Francesca to understand that life was short and she needed a husband. But as usual her stubborn daughter had suspicions . She was very astute when it came down to her attempts at matchmaking. She was too much like her. That's why she had to be on point and not just two steps ahead Francesca but five to get results. "Francesca. Darling, I'm not scheming." Although she was for Francesca's own good. So a little white wouldn't hurt. At least she hoped.

"Yeah. Haha right tell me anything." Francesca smiled at her mother not believing anything she said " We both know that anything that involves one of your friends' usually ends with me on a date with someone's weird son, crazy nephew or a sexual deprived brother. No thank you."

Francesca gave her mother an identical look to her own. She was determined to win this face off with her mother. She was not going to be subjected to any strange men who had trouble finding women. So this face off was to let her and her mother know that she had enough. " YOU SERIOUSLY CAN"T DO THIS FAVOR THIS FOR ME?"

"Absolutely not." Francesca shook her head no and watched as her mother's eyes began to tear up. Ooo her mother was smooth. Now she was switching her tactics and turning on her infamous water works. If it wasn't one thing it was another with Giana. She had a bachelors in theatrics. Smiling Francesca watched as her mother switcher her tactics and changed into character. Typical Giana Moretti pulling her conveniently placed hanky from her sleeve. She hated when her mother resorted to tears because next came the labor story. Plain and simple manipulation her mother was a master. She had a knack for making the innocent feel guilty.

" How could you turn me down Francesca? Your, own mother. What happened to our mother daughter bond?"

"Mom please your acting like nonno (grandfather) all hands and fingers."