Chapter Thirty-Four

Niall's POV ~

Riley curled up into my chest as the sun shined through the window of the hotel room. A phone started buzzing, but neither of us wanted to make the move to answer the text message.

"Make it stop," she whined into my bare chest, her voice muffled by her hair.

"If you let me go, I'd be able to see who texted," I chuckled, unraveling her arms from my torso.

I sat up, unintentionally taking the sheets with me. "Hey!" she groaned, obviously embarrassed, pulling the thin white fabric over her bare skin.

I softly kissed her forehead and mumbled cheekily against her skin, "I saw everything last night, sweetheart. No need to hide."

I swung my legs over the mattress, the cold air hitting my body with full force. I quickly grabbed both Riley's phone and my own and hopped back into bed, snuggling up to Riley for warmth. "It's cold," I shivered, handing her phone over.

"Let's stay here all day," she grinned, winking at me slyly.

"I wish we could," I groaned, looking at my phone. "But Liam texted."

"Ugh, really?"

"Yeah..."

Liam Payne 

As much as we both know you want to spend the day snuggling with Ri, we all need you two back at the venue for an interview. Plus, management needs to inform us about something for the US leg of the tour. Not sure what it could be... You got any ideas?

"We have an interview," I groaned, flopping my head back onto the pillows.

"It'll be my first one," Riley stated nervously.

"You can sit next to me," I grinned, cupping her cheek, bringing her lips down to meet mine. "I'll make it as painless as possible."

Riley grinned and I felt my heart swell. Boy, I've fallen deep. How am I supposed to hide this?

• • •

Riley and I finally managed to bring ourselves to get out of bed. "I'm hopping in the shower. Care to join?" I asked cheekily, expecting her to chuckle and roll her eyes.

"Sure!" she grinned, trotting to the bathroom, leaving me to stand by the bed completely baffled.

I started towards the loo, but stopped when Riley's phone started ringing.

Rat Bastard

"Um, Ri?" I called out.

"Yeah?" she questioned, poking her head out of the doorway.

"Who's Rat Bastard?" I questioned. When her face screwed up in confusion, I held up her phone. "They're calling."

"Fuck," she muttered, her exposed body wandering towards me, gesturing for her phone. She answered the call, forcefully pressing the mobile to her ear. "How'd you get my number?" she demanded.

I pulled her shaking body into my chest, ghosting my lips over the lovebite that rested on her collarbone from our previous activity the night before. A shudder involuntarily shook her body, so I pulled her closer.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," she groaned, resting her head on my shoulder. "Why're you calling?"

I couldn't make out the words coming from the other side of the line, but the voice was definitely male. I tensed as his voice continued speaking. I placed my index finger under Riley's chin, lifting her face so her eyes could meet mine.