Wide Awake Part 1

Wide Awake Part 1

September 2nd, 1991

The two boys who couldn't be more different made light conversation throughout the day. When night fell and Olivia showed no signs of waking up, the matron kicked the duo out of the hospital ward. The two talked a bit more before saying goodnight and heading to their common rooms.

"There you are! We were wondering when you'd get back," Ron exclaimed as he peeked over his game of wizards chess. Hermione turned in her chair to face Harry.

"Well? How is she?" Hermione asked, sassily but still concerned. Harry half shrugged.

"Still in a trance. Draco and I watched over her-" Harry began, but he was cut off by Ron.

"Draco as in Draco Malfoy?! What the hell was he doing in there?" Ron accused as Hermione silently muttered something about Draco not showing up to classes.

"Olivia's kind of his adopted sister, I guess you could say," Harry crashed into a nearby couch and prepared for the questions.

"What do you mean kind of?" Hermione cut Ron off and butted her question in.

"She explained it to me earlier- she's the Malfoy's ward," Harry replied simply.

"What a ward?" Ron asked, his previous accusations put on the back burner.

"It's when a child is put under the care of a separate family. That's very rare, why didn't the court just have her be adopted?" Hermione pondered and Harry sighed.

"I don't know all the details, though she never mentioned any court ordering this," Harry trailed off, thoughts bouncing off his brain.

"How did an adopted Malfoy get into Gryffindor?!" Ron sounded very offended at even the thought.

"Ron, I really don't know. When she wakes up you can ask her," Harry turned over in the couch, worrying about the weakened girl in the hospital ward.

"Okay last question- why do you two look so much alike?" Ron addressed it head-on. Truthfully he and Hermione had been discussing the anomaly all day and were curious to know what Harry knew.

"Who? Me and Olivia?" Harry squinted his face trying to picture the resemblance.

"Yes of course you and Olivia! You two are practically identical," Hermione finally broke and joined the conversation.

"I mean, I don't know. We seem to have a lot in common," Harry had intended this as a cut-off point, but the other two kept going.

"Like what? And how did you two meet in the first place?" Hermione finally asked what had been bugging her. The two acted like they had known each other for years, after all.

"It's a long story, and I don't know if she'd want me telling it," Harry avoided the question.

"Fine, I'll just add that to the list of things to ask her about," Hermione muttered as she stomped off to her room. Of course Harry was telling the truth, but that doesn't mean Hermione like what he was saying.

"We should be heading to bed too, mate," Ron sighed and helped Harry up from the couch and the two headed up the stairs.

Olivia, please wake up soon. Harry gave a last final plea before he drifted off into a deep sleep.

~~

EDIT 8/10/18: Same as before, just decluttering and clearing some things up.

~

I know it's short, sorry, but Part 2 is super long and all together it was ridiculous.

Hope you enjoyed!