Open Minds

From: http://archiveofourown.org/works/580600

~~~~~~

Rating: Mature

Warnings: mind reading, awkward sexual situations, larry + a little bit of ziam

Word count: 7467

Summary: Harry breaks the rules and eats something a fan gives him. He gets a terrible headache and when he wakes up, he has the ability to hear his band mates thoughts - but only their sexual thoughts.

-

There were many important rules they've had to start following since their fame had gotten out of hand. In the earlier days, back when they were on X-Factor, there was no reason to worry about their own safety, or to be careful about what the fans give you. It was hard to deny a beautiful girl when she handed you a sweet, or something she made from scratch. They weren't allowed to keep any edibles that were given to them by fans, but sometimes Harry just couldn't say no.

On this particular occasion, Harry had been a sneaky boy and accepted a single vanilla cupcake. The girl that had given it to him had been waiting outside their hotel with a small tupperware container of cupcakes. She was sitting on the edge of the hotel's small garden, eating one of her cakes as Harry walked by.

If she hadn't been so beautiful, Harry wouldn't have even thought about stopping. There wasn't many fans outside at the time, being that it was nearly three in the morning. Harry had let the other boys continue on into the hotel while he held back, saying he needed a bit of fresh air. Security reluctantly let him stay outside, making small talk with a few fans.

When he was finally alone with them, without any of their management, he found his way over to the girl with the cupcakes.

She didn't say much aside from offering one to him. Harry gladly accepted, taking a seat next to the girl. She was much calmer than most of their fans. There was no number for the amount of girls he had met that just completely went mad when he or the other boys were near. This girl, though, was polite, quiet, and just had a pleasant feel about her.

After a short five minute conversation with the girl, and one of her amazing cupcakes, Harry made his way back up to his hotel room. 

Louis was laying out on his own bed in his boxers, doing something on his laptop. "'Bout time you found your way up," Louis teased, not looking over at Harry, who had just walked into the room.

Harry laughed, pulling off his clothes and flopping down on his bed in his underwear. "Movie?" he asked, tilting his head to look over at Louis. Harry gave his best friend a smile. He wasn't tired, not after that sugary cupcake. Thankfully, they didn't have to be awake absurdly early in the morning. As far as he knew, there was nothing for them to be doing until almost noon.

The other boy agreed, and closed his laptop. Harry rolled off the bed and found the remote for the television, messing with the buttons until he figured out how to get to the pay-per-view options. He sat back on his bed, looking over at Louis, who was laying under his own covers and frowning over at him. Harry knew what that meant.

He gave an overdramatic sigh, and crawled out of his bed, and into Louis's. His best friend smiled and nodded, "much better."

Louis had always liked having a cuddle while they watched movies alone. It wasn't weird or anything, at least not to Harry. It was just part of their friendship, another small detail that made them so different from other best mates. When Louis cuddled up to his side, Harry lifted an arm and wrapped it over the boy's shoulders.

After some time flicking through the titles on the screen, they agreed on a movie and settled in to the comfortable hotel bed. As the movie went on, Harry started feeling sleepy, and his head began to ache. He ignored it at first, thinking that he had just had a long day and it was starting to take its toll on him. He lifted a hand to his head, closing his eyes and touching his forehead softly, trying to sooth the growing pain. Louis noticed his discomfort, shifting away from him. "Hazza?" He asked, looking him over. "You alright, mate?"