Chapter eight

Late that night......

The stench smell of alcohol penetrate his nostril, making it hard for him to breathe. He couldn't remember when last he had visited a brothel at this time of the night. Staring at the glass of brandy that sat perfectly between his palms. He quiver with impatient.

" You know It pains me to see you in a place like this." The old gentleman said absentmindedly taking a seat on the stood.

" Two glass of Brandy my friend. " he shouted to the bartender, who quickly acted in response.

"You disgust me you know that?"

The man through back his head and roar with laughter. "The feeling is mutual dear Duke." The bartender place the two drinks in front of him and without hesitation he finished the first in one go.

" So tell me what news you have,that you have to drag me out here,couldn't be your rake of a son's marriage? " he chuckled.

Lord Fisher give his ruthless cousin a smug smile. " Actually it does involved my son's wedding but more importantly who he got married to. "

"I heard it was some girl you found in a ditch."

Lord Fisher continued to smile and to the admiral that was never a good sign. "It's her."

"Her? What are you--" the admiral eyes widen in disbelief as he stood to his feet." No! Impossible! "

"You know me I make the impossible possible." Lord Fisher said with a satisfied smile. He love seeing his cousin getting all worked up.

The admiral Scan the brothel. His sudden outburst had caught a few individual's attention. " I can't believe you. You said she was in France! " the admiral whispered angrily closing the space between them.

"I had to make people believe that she was. It was the only way to protect her then. Now she was of marriageable age, I had to get her married to my son to keep her close and under my watch also my son would protect her." Lord Fisher retorted through gritted.

The admiral snorted." We all know there's another reason why you had her bond to your son. Power has always been your target."

Lord Fisher rise from his seat taking his brandy in his hand." Don't be so jealous because she isn't bond to one of your lazy sons. I only thought you should know so we can work today and plus it will lessen the blow when you do meet and recognized her."

The admiral gritted his teeth. Lord Fisher was right it would have been prize winning if she was married to one of his sons. He was indeed jealous of his sneaky cousin.

" I better be off now. Enjoy your night dear,cousin." Lord fisher smirk as he drank his brandy and left the bartender with a hefty tip.

The admiral watch his retired form with hate as he turn and bang his fist against the counter." Dam you Fisher! Double up on the brandy would you!"

The stranger who was sitting two seats away from them overheard their conversation and smile with victory. He finally got the information he needed after all these years. He stood quickly and place his hat lower covering his face as he made an abrupt exit out the suffocated brothel.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)
Love to hear what you guys think so far.