Chapter fifteen - Zack/Penelope.

I was so fixated on Cecelia and my eyes were interested in what she had to say, but all my mind could think of was Penelope. My eyes wouldn't dare to glance at how cute she looked in her uniform and my smile was forced to hide away whenever she came near.

"Zack?" Cecilia asked, putting a strand of hair behind her ear, "what made you ask me out? I thought you were the type to just have a one night stand."

Wow, she wasn't afraid to say what she thought. Just like Penelope.

"I really like you," I said with a small smile and I could feel Penelope's eyes on me this whole time. She was talking to a waitress that had just come in. Please don't serve our table.

"I really like you too," she said with a chuckle, "so, favourite movie?"

"Um, anything scary." I made a scary face and we both laughed just as our waitress came towards our table.

"Me too!" She said with a smile. "We should go watch one sometime."

My mind was focused on the waitress approaching our table. It was Penelope. She worked here, you couldn't avoid her in this tiny place.

I continued to stare at the menu as Cecilia and Penelope had small talk. Just order already!

Penelope didn't look awkward at all, but I could feel her eyes on me. Why was I so caught up on her? She was not into me. Soon enough, Cecilia and I both ordered some drinks and Penelope finally walked away.

"Right, where were we?" She said with a grin. "What's your favourite scary movie?" She said in ghost face's voice from the movie 'Scream.'

I pretended to think even though I knew the answer already. "Saw!"

She cringed. "Really? That's so brutal! I'm more into the paranormal type movies."

"I like those too," I said with a small smile, "and yes, we should have a movie night. Maybe a marathon of Paranormal activity or Saw." I winked.

She nodded with a smile. "I would like that very much."

It was silent for a moment and we're both staring at each other with smiles on our faces. "What are you thinking about?" She asked me as music filled the background of our conversation.

"All I'm thinking is how beautiful you look tonight." The words flowed out freely like they were meant to be said.

It felt weird just dropping Penelope like that, but
she probably didn't think much of it. She got what she wanted, I was moving on and leaving her alone.

Like Gray wanted me too.

"Zack," Cecilia's cheeks reddened and it looked cute on her, "you make my day." Our drinks soon arrived and Penelope was the one serving them again. Really?

Cecilia didn't know that I ran after Penelope like a dog with a bone and she couldn't see that I was avoiding eye contact, but Penelope noticed because she was the one staring this time.

We ordered our food and Penelope left again, when would this torture end? "Doesn't she go to our school?"

I glanced over at Penelope for a second and then stared back at Cecilia, who waited for my reply. "Um, I think so but I'm more concentrated on you and not some girl I barely know."

Penelope soon came over with our meals and the smell of the cheeseburger sent my senses to the roof. I always loved Iris's menu and the cook's mouth watering food. I noticed Penelope leave to go outside after she arrived with our meals and that was when I realized I needed to use the bathroom.