Chapter thirty two - Zack.

I loved seeing her smile. It made my day when I saw her shining face light up when she laughed. We sat around a campfire, Justin playing his guitar acting drunk while Luke was telling a story that scared Hamish who was screaming every five seconds.

"And then," Luke continued, "the grizzly bear slash money jumps up and scares the people away from their campfire but one didn't make it-"

"Okay!" Hamish yelled over the top of Luke and Justin's guitar playing. "That's enough story telling," everyone chuckled at Hamish's response, "I'm sure Penelope and Zack don't wanna hear it, right guys?"

Everyone turned to us, waiting for our response. "I love scary stories." I said, Penelope leaning into me. "And grizzly bears slash monkeys are the best kind of animal to eat you alive."

Lisa clapped and raised her fists in the air. "On with the story!"

Luke scratched the back of his neck, looking like he had run out of words. "Uh, that was it."

"Oh thank god!" Hamish sighed with relief, "I really didn't want to hear the end of that."

Molly grabbed another beer from the cooler, offering one to me which I happily accepted but Penelope declined. She hadn't taken a drink all night, did she not like alcohol or something?

Justin was singing out of tune to one of Taylor Swift's song, making everyone through sticks at him. I leaned into Penelope and whisper, "you know, your dad is not here. You can have a drink if you really want to."

She pulled away from my touch. "Nah, it's okay. I don't need a drink to have fun."

I nod, understanding her point. "Oh my god, shut up!" Shane yelled at Justin who was now really drunk, strumming his guitar really loudly.

Justin ignored Shane's protests and began singing. "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone, I keep waiting for you but you never come. Wow, this Romeo is an asshole for leading her on like that."

Everyone bursted out laughing at his comment as the fire began to die down but, Shane and Daphne threw more sticks in it to keep it alive.

"You should so become a singer, Justin Bieber." Molly chuckled, wrapping her arm around Shane just as he finished putting the sticks in the fire.

"And I was like baby, baby, baby oh!" Justin's began singing but Luke took the guitar off him before he sang anymore. "Hey! I was winning American Idol!"

"You can try again next year, it's a no from me." Luke placed the guitar behind him with a chuckle.

"Dammit!" Justin poured, looking like he was about to cry, "I worked super hard to hit those notes right. Wait, what are we talking about?"

Amber wrapped her arm around Justin in a friendly way and chuckled. "Aw, too drunk to remember what we said?"

"Guys," Hamish whispered, "what was that?"

We all stayed silent, listening to an unknown sound that Hamish heard. "It's the grizzly bear slash monkey." Penelope joked, making Hamish shiver.

"And his best friend, the grumpy Justin Bieber." Lisa added, making us all laugh.

"That's me!" Justin yelled but Hamish shushed him, making him slouch in his seat.