Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Break it up, you two." A male teacher yelled, I looked up to see Mr. Robert, with a few other male teachers. The vampire pulled back with a satisfied smirked. The human looked, horrible. But, I knew the vampire could've done more damage if he wanted to.

The vampire, and the human were immediately escorted away. I looked at Thomas to notice that he was still tense, "I didn't know this school had other...people like us." He said, avoiding the word vampire. Humans were near us.

I nodded my head in agreement, "Yeah. I'm worried. He has to be dangerous. He was fighting a human. That's just horrible." I know I dislike humans, but I wouldn't fight one. That's just unfair, on so many levels.

"Yeah, so we should stay away from him. That boy smells like trouble." I rolled my eyes at Thomas. That sounds like something, a dad would say. I nodded my head in agreement, though. Because, he was right.

The next two classes passed in a hurry. Thomas and I were introduced as the new kids. People stared. No one tried to talk to us. Which I was okay with. The least humans I knew, the better. The odd thing though, was that Collin was in my other two classes also. Along with his friend Scott. Odd.

By the time lunch came around, I was happy to get away from his burning stare. Every time I looked behind me, he was staring. It became creepy. I wasn't as disgusted as I thought I would be. I blamed it on his good looks. Stupid good looking human.

Luckily, Thomas remembered where the cafeteria was, from Martha's tour. The moment we walked inside, everything hit me at once. The smell, was horrible. The sound of all the humans talking gave me an immediate headache. Is this what humans enjoy doing?

"Liz! Tom!" I heard a familiar voice shout. And, it seemed like everyone heard it too. Everyone suddenly turned to Martha, and she blushed as they stared at her. She continued to wave us over though. Thomas started to walk to her, but I grabbed his arm,

"You're actually going?" He gave me a look,

"If I'm gonna get you to actually like humans, you have to talk to them. You judge them from their outer appearances. You need to get to know one." I rolled my eyes,

"You don't even know one, Thomas." He shrugged, "Don't have to." And, with that said he walked to Martha. I groaned, having no other choice but to follow. I knew the entire cafeterias eyes were on us. I'm not completely oblivious. It felt like I was being watched under a microscope.

"Hey Martha, right?" Thomas asked, pretending that he forgot her name. Vampires have pretty good memory. She smiled at him, and I noticed a blush blooming on her cheeks.

"Y-Yeah." She stuttered. I smirked, someone has a crush on my brother. Oh, he would love to hear that. She smiled at me, "Hey Liz, you guys should sit with me, for lunch. Well, me and my friend. Carly." Thomas smiled at Martha's friend and said hello.

Then they expectantly turned to me. I smiled, and I knew they wouldn't be able to tell it was fake, "Hello, Carly. And, I would be delighted to sit with you guys." Martha snorted, like a pig. I turned to her, with a raised eyebrow.

"You talk weird. Delighted to sit with us? This isn't the eighteen hundreds. Liz, you don't have to act formal around us." I nodded trying my hardest not to extend my fangs and sneer at her.

"Right." I said walking over to my brother. I sat beside him, while Martha and her friend sat across from us. Thomas gave Martha and Carly an apologetic smile,

"My sisters really shy. Around anyone who isn't me." I frowned at my brother, and he just smirked at me. I shrugged, going along with it. Maybe this will work out in my favor.