Chapter 1: 3 hours earlier

3 hours before

"Come on, Dar!  It'll be fun!"  my friend Brooke tried again to convince me to go to some party with her.  "You only turn 17 once!"  I could feel myself caving in to her begging. 

"ugh!  Fine!  I'll go!   Are you happy?"  I said with a smile on my face

"Very! Now lets get you dressed!"  She was already dressed and ready.  She looked gorgus, as always, in a tight dress that hit about mid thigh.  It was silver and shimmered when the light hit it; one arm was bare and the other had a long sleeve.  She had black heels and a black hand bag to finish it off.  "I just knew you would come with me, so I brought you one of my dresses since your closet sucks!" 

I just rolled my eyes.  It was true.  It consisted of jeans and jean shorts with Tshirts.  I never felt the need to dress up! 

I watched as she pulled out tons of make up and a tiny piece of yellow fabric that I assumed was the dress.  I my eyes bugged out of my head.  How did she expect me to hit into that?  She was much skinnier than me! 

"How am I going to get my curvy ass into that tiny piece of fabric you call a dress?"  I complained. 

"Don't worry about it! You'll look great!  Now shut up and sit your "curvy ass" down so I can do your make-up!"  She said in an overly sweet voice.  I rolled my eyes with a smile again and did as she said. 

It took her 20 minutes to do my make-up.  I wasn't allowed to look at myself until everything was ready.   It took another 30 for my hair.  I have naturally curly hair and Brooke decided she wanted it straight.

"Go put this on!  But if you mess up your hair or make-up, I'll kill you!!"  She threw the dress to me and I sulked to the bathroom.  If it looks too bad I'll just put something else on, like my American Eagle jeans and a old camp shirt. 

"Yeah that sounds nice!"  Tears sprung to my eyes.  That voice in my head was a reminder of how crazy I actually was...

"It's ok.  It's ok.  Brooke dosen't care about the voice.  She's my friend."  I whispered to myself. 

I stripped my jean shorts and tank top off and shimmied into the yellow dress.  It hit mid thigh and had a open back that drops above my butt.  I walked out of the bathroom and Brooke gasped.  Was it that bad? 

"I told you it wouldn't fit!  I'll just go take this off and put on jeans an-"  I started to say before I as cut off.

"No Darcy, look!!"  She spun a full length mirror around for me to see.  "You look hot!! All the boys in the club with be all over you!"  She squealed.  The dress actually flattered my figure amazing and my make-up made my green eyes pop.  My dark hair was straight down my back with no frizz like it usually has.  I was shocked!  I did look hot! 

We left my house and decided to call her brother to take us to the party since we would probably be drinking (He would pick us up too).  My aunt works late and leaves early in the morning for work everyday, so she wouldn't even know I was gone. 

Brooke's brother Dean pulled up and we ran to his car.  He graduated 2 years ago and is still deciding what he wants to go to school for.  I think that's very irresponsible of him.

"Don't make this a regular thing, me picking you up and dropping you off."  Dean said.

"Yeah yeah, just go!"  Brooke said.  We were both in the backseat and were giggling the whole way. 

"Who's party is it anyway?"  I asked Brooke.  We had been driving in the woods on a gravel path for 10 minutes.

"Oh you know, just some friends of mine.  You don't know them."  Brooke said nervously.  I wonder what that was all about?  I didn't get a chance to ask her because the car came to a stop.