Chapter 8: Becoming a Luna

Chapter 8

After breakfast I went back up to Riley's room... Well i guess our room now.  

"You know you're Luna now right?" Riley asked me. 

"Yeah," I answered after thinking about it, "I just don't know how good I'll be.."

"You'll be perfect!  You were destined to be it you know!" He said kissing me.  Not being able to resist, the kiss got heated quickly.  Just as Riley's hand inched up my sodes to take of my T-shirt, a knock sounded on the door.

"WHAT?!" Riley yelled, clearly aggrovated someone interupted us.

"I started blushing when I saw a women walk in that looked a lot like Riley.  Oh goodness!  The smile on her face clearly says she knows exactly what we were just doing.

"What do you want, mom?" he sighed out.

"I was just coming to get Darcy for her Luna lessons!"  She replied happily with a smile.

"What do you mean? I thought I was destined to be Luna, and I already had the charcteristics to be one?"  I asked 

"Bing a Luna is a lot of responsebility!  Come along dear! We will have lessons in the back yard!"  She overly happy attitude was really starting to get on my nerves. But seeing she wasn't going to give up, I rolled off the bed and walked over to follow.  Before i got 2 steps toward her she let out a girly screech.

"A luna should dress like a lady not some... beach bum!!!"  She said woith a sneer, like she was offended i would even look at these clothes.  I looked down to see I was wearing jean shorts and an old Nirvana T-shirt.

"Umm.. okay? But this is the really the only type of clothes I wear!"  To say I wasn't offened would be the a total lie.  I looked at Riley for help, but he was too busy glaring at his mom.  

"I guess you could borrow Brooke's clothes until we buy you the proper type," then she had the audacity to look over to Riley and say, "she really would have made the perfect Luna Riley..." and trailed off.  Tears instantly sprung to my eyes, and Riley growled.

"How dare you insult my mate!! She will make the perfct Luna!"  Riley yelled using his Alpha voice, " Get out!  She will have no Luna lessonsi, makeover, or whatever else you were planning because she is perfect the way she is!"  Not being able to resits, his mom lowered her head in submission, and walked out. "I'm sorry Darcy!  Just ignore her, I love you the way you are!"  He saod with a sad look.

"It's okay." was all I replied with.  He walked over and wrapped me into his arms.  I felt sparks as he rubbed up and down my arms. "But I cant believe you disrespected your mom like that!" I burst out hitting him on the arm.

"Hey!" He shouted jumping back, but I was still talking.

" She gave birth to you! And you repay her by yelling at her for wanting to change the way I dress?  I mean, sure, I didn't want to, and it was kinda rude of her to say Brooke would be better at being Luna, but still! She's your mom! Why didn't you take her side?"  

"Beacause, why didn't you take your mom's side when they tried to take you?" He said.  When i didn't reply, he continued. " Exactly.  I love you more than anything the way you are, and plus, I told her yesterday you didn't need Luna lessons."

"Oh." was all I could muster up to say. He slowly leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I do believe we were in the middle of something before we were so rudely interrupted..." he trailed off wagging his eye brows at me suggestively. 

"Hmm.. I don't remember anything that!" I said with a smirk, "Maybe you should refresh my memory?"

"Gladly!" He said before smashing his lips to mine.  After that, we had a repeat of last night.

***

We walked back downstairs again to watch a movie.  Riley didn't start pack business until the ritual next Friday.  It's Wednesday now, so starting tomorrow, Riley's making me go back to school.  He's already graduated last year.  We decided to spend our last free day together eating, watching movies, and kissing.  Okay, so mostly kissing.,

Riley decided to put in one of the Fast and Furious'.  We were going to watch The Avengers, but after Riley found out about my obsession with Chris Hemsworth, he promptly turned it off.  Stupid jealous mate...

Since I didn't have anything to look forward too, like the hotness of Thor, I had to try and force myself to stay awake. The key word is try! I only made it to about the 4th blown up car... 

- - -

"Darcy!"

"Darcy, sweetie wake up!"

I could hear Riley's voice coming into focus, but i was too comfortable.  He must have carried me to the bedroom after the movie.

"You have to get up and go to school!  I let you miss all week, now you need to go if you want to graduate this year!I just groaned and rolled over, snuggling deeper into the blankets.  

"You only have a few days left! Come on!" I felt him shake my shoulder.  I was NOT leaving this bed! "PLEASE!!!!!!"  He drug out the word.

Finally caving, and not being able to go back to sleep anyway, I threw the covers off of me and sat up.  I could tell my curly hair was all over the place, and in every direction.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Riley said with a laugh.  I just rolled my eyes, and walked over to my bag only to find it empty. 

"I put all your clothes in the closet."  Riley said sensing my confusion,  Nodding, I walked in and grabbed jean shorts and a purple one inch strap tank top.  I walked to the bathroom, showered and did all the other morning stuff, like my make up, because lets face it, I look sick with out it!

Walking downstairs, dressed and ready, I sat at the bar stool with the other teenagers going to school.  All the older women had cooked a feast including waffles, eggs, bacon, and biscuits!  We all enhaled our food, and ran out the door.  I had to ride with Brooke, because Riley had a meeting with his dad.

Once we got there, I got out of the car, but instead of being ignored or whispered about when I walked by, people would bow their head in respect.  I'm going to have to get used to this Luna thing. 

School went by uneventful like always.  I couldn't wait to get home and see Riley, and when I finally did, I ran into his arms, welcoming his warm embrace.

"I missed you," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I missed you too," he said back.

We walked back to the house hand in hand.  I didn't have homework even though I missed so many days.  It's the end of the year, and after graduation on Monday, I don't have to go back! Wow!  I become Luna tomorrow then three days later I graduate from high school!  It's crazy to think, but it's also so perfect.  Everything is how it should be, and I finally have a place where I belong.

____________________________

So, this is the end... I'll post an epilogue, then it's over! I just got my new laptop (my old one started smoking... don't think that's a good sign..) Let me know how you all think about this book!  It is my first one after all!! ;) 

KISSES **

~Sarah