A Satisfied Smirk; Not Looking Back

Guys: Hate to break it to you, but this is the pneultimate chapter! Yes, that's right - only ONE more chapter of Delena after this! :O I bet I'll miss writing Delena so much that I'll probably start a new Delena FanFic sometime soon, so I wouldn't worry, but still... what a journey! I'd like to say thanks to all the people who have stuck with me through everything - I couldn't ask for a better reaction to my work! You're all amazing and I hope you enjoy this chapter, and the final one, which will come tomorrow! :P LOVE YOU :D Beth :) xoxox

            The door to the flat swung open, and Klaus steps in, two blonde twins in their early twenties in tow, giggling and holding hands as they make their way into the badly lit room. They’re oblivious to the anger that crosses Klaus’ face when he realises Stefan has gone out without asking. They’re oblivious to the fury in Klaus’ eyes when he realises where Stefan has most likely gone. They’re oblivious to the crack of bones, and they’re oblivious to the fact that they’re dead.

            Klaus doesn’t act rashly when he sees Stefan has left. He knows that Stefan is probably dead; because even though he’s been drinking human blood and murdering for weeks now, Damon is older, and he’s probably been drinking Elena’s blood. The blood of a lover, Klaus muses, will have made Damon a lot stronger than Stefan.

            At this moment in time, Klaus thinks, there is probably a dead Stefan lying on the floor of that shabby motel they’d seen Damon and Elena enter earlier. Curiosity got the better of him, and Klaus found himself skulking outside the window of the penthouse suite – as he knew Damon would’ve settled for nothing less – in the form of a white owl. His yellow eyes – the eyes of a wolf, not an owl – searched through the dark and dingy room until they rested, sure enough, on Stefan’s lifeless, inanimate body, wooden stake protruding from his chest, the grey tinge that had overcome his skin.

            As his eyes searched, they found another body. Elena’s. If his eyes could have widened in surprise, they would have, because the trickle of crimson from her temple and still chest showed that she was dead. In that case, where was Damon, wondered Klaus? More searching revealed him sat, knees tucked under his chin, gazing forlornly into space, tears silently cascading down his cheek, as he held Elena’s cold hand in his, in desperation, pleading for her to come back to him.

            A cold, harsh smile crossed Klaus’ face. Now that Stefan was dead, and Elena too, Damon Salvatore would no longer bother him. He was sure of it.

            So with that, Klaus spread out his feathered white wings, and with a hoot and a flap of his wings, he flew off into the horizon. On the move. Again. As he had been doing for all eternity; constantly moving, and not looking back.