Poor Fool He Makes Me Laugh

Hey guys, here is the next chapter. It's one of my favorites and I do hope you like it too!

So please remember to vote, review and look up my Polyvore to see what clothes Brie is wearing. As for now, please enjoy this chapter.

Also, I don't own anything except my OC Brie.

As the red curtains fell into place, everybody ran to their positions for the beginning of the show. Christine and Meg were waiting for their cue. I walked over to speak to them real quick. However, before I could say anything to them, Carlotta grabbed my wrist and yanked me to large bed on center stage. The bed was also covered by a long curtain. My arm was really hurting me. I think Carlotta pulled or sprained something. I had to keep my mouth shut because of my promise to Christine... and I now wish I never made that promise.

As Carlotta dragged me to the bed, she told me in a commanding voice, "Now remember, your part is silent. So you better not say a single word, is that clear?"

Oh man, this woman really ticks me off. How I wish something bad would happen to her at this instant. I so wanted to yell at her. I looked to the side to see Christine looking at us. Remember, keep to the promise.

I took a deep breath and said through my teeth, "Yes, its super clear." Thankfully the witch finally let go of my wrist. I turned away from her to massage my poor aching wrist. "Boy, I can't wait until she croaks," I mumbled to myself.

Carlotta must have heard me because she immediately turned to look at me and hissed, "What was that?"

"Nothing," I said with a fake smile.

She grumbled as she stomped to the bed. I sighed as I shook my head. This is going to be a long show. I reluctantly sat on the bed next to her before a stage hand closed the bed curtain around us. All of the sudden, I heard the orchestra began to play the entrance song, and I knew the opera was about to begin. Let my nightmare start. I looked at Carlotta fanning herself looking all high and proud. I still can't believe I have to pretend I love her for this part as the Pageboy. Carlotta looked at me like I was supposed to do something.

"What," I asked.

"Put your arm around me, you stupid girl. The show is about to start," she sneered.

Oh, you have got to be kidding me! Still, Christine had to do it in the movie. I cringed as I reluctantly placed my arm around her waist. Great, I'm going to either wash or burn my arm now.

I could barely hear one of the actors softly calling out, "Go, go, go!"

There was a loud applause, so I knew the show had started.

"They say that this youth has set my Lady's heart aflame," sang the Confidante.

"His Lordship sure would die of shock," sang the 1st Fop.

The 2nd Fop sang back, "His Lordship is a laughing-stock!"

"Should he suspect her, God protect her."

"Shame, shame, shame," they all sang. "This faithless lady bound for Hades. Shame, shame, shame."

The curtains around the bed opened. The audience saw on the bed two people who were covered by Carlotta's fan and one person was running her hand on the Countess side. Oh right, that person is me. The audience applauded as Carlotta closed her fan to reveal us. I pretended to gasped in fright like we were caught. I looked at Christine to see she looked sad for me, but she and I had to stay in character.

Carlotta looked at me and sang, "Serafimo your disguise is perfect." One of the musicians tapped a mallet on a hollow block of wood making it sound like someone was at the door. "Why who can this be?"