Chapter Nine

I felt incredibly uncomfortable sat between the two vampire brothers. Every time I looked at them they were staring at me with cold, hungry eyes, making me squirm in my seat. They were just sat, staring at me in silence.

Well, at my neck more specifically.

I shuddered, wishing I could just disappear. Wishing someone else had been targeted instead, as awful as that was to wish upon anyone. But I'd trade places in a heartbeat, without a second thought.

A few moments later, I looked up at Flynn, and was shocked when I saw crimson eyes staring back at me instead of flirty blue ones. His crimson eyes clearly portrayed his hunger, and honestly, it was the scariest thing I had ever seen in my short lifetime.

I dared a glance at Chase, who had orbs the colour of crimson, to. They both eyed me hungrily, focusing on the strong, steady pulse in my neck. I inhaled deeply, wishing to be anywhere but here. I'd rather swim with sharks, not that that was any different to my current situation. I am swimming with sharks right now, or at least the land dwelling equivalent.

As they were leaning in, the driver spoke up and the car stopped suddenly as they slammed on the brakes seemingly somewhat deliberately.

The men on either side of me looked up suddenly, and then back to me. I glanced to the left then the right, and was relieved to see a pair of blue orbs and a pair of black ones gazing back.

"Brothers, we have arrived" the driver rasped. I recognised that voice... but I couldn't place it. Something was different, out of place...

When we all got out of the car, I realised why. In front of me stood the driver.

Tristan.

But he was different. His kind chocolate brown eyes had gone a deep shade of scarlet and his fangs were protruding from his mouth. He also looked like he was in severe pain. I've never seen him like this before...

"Still not succumbed yet, little brother?" Flynn snarled, almost spitting at Tristan. "You know you want too. You know you want to feel a weak human body writhing beneath you as you slowly drink your fill. You know you want to hear them scream. Join us, little brother. Be like us. There's still time for us to accept you, just accept what you are"

"N-no. I won't. I don't want to. I-i'm not a monster like you. I will never drink from a human and lose myself!" Tristan gasped and fell at Chase's feet, clutching his throat.

"Come on, little brother! Drink from Sophia!" Chase said, and Flynn shoved me towards the starving vampire where I fell to my knees in front of him.

Tristan looked up at me, desperation clear in his ruby red eyes.

So that's why Tristan was missing. They were starving him, so he'd drink from a human! That's horrible, why would they do such a thing to their sibling?! If he's never drunk from a human for a long time, who knew the effect it would have on him?

I tried to scramble to my feet, but Flynn held me down. I struggled, but to no avail. Flynn was a lot stronger than I'll ever be.

Tristan grabbed his head and groaned. "I won't do it!" He bit his bottom lip so hard that a few droplets of blood spilled out of the holes his fangs had made, before the wound healed itself a moment later.

"He's not going to give in tonight, Chase" Flynn stated, disappointment evident in his voice. "He has outstanding willpower. But the pull of blood will overcome him soon enough"

Chase made a sound of annoyance. "Fine. We'll try again tomorrow. For now, isolate him" he practically snarled, pointing a finger toward Tristan "I'm taking Sophia to bed"

Flynn sniggered, and Chase hit him playfully around the head.

"Care for a threesome?" Flynn winked at me, and I glared back. How could he be so lighthearted?

"Not like a that! At least not tonight"  Chase said, with a grin aimed directly at me.
________________________________
Sorry that it's so short, I just wanted to update. Don't forget to tell me if you're enjoying the story so far :) comments help motivate me to write faster ❤️ I'm going to try and update everyday 💕