Part 16

Amelia POV

I woke early and stared at the sleeping beauty next to me, It's amazing even when she slept her tone abs we're so perfect. I blushed remembering last night the feel of them beneath my fingers, I bit my lip and slowly slid out of the bed without waking her to go up and make her some breakfast for once. I pulled on one of her oversized t-shirts and snuck out quietly.

After starting the coffee, I placed the bacon on a napkin to remove the excess oil while I started on the scrambled eggs. It wasn't anything amazing like the breakfasts that Lacey cooked but I just felt the need to do something nice for my girlfriend.

I placed two plates of breakfast on a tray for us along with some toast, orange juice, and coffee. "Something smells good." A voice startled me from behind.

"Oh hey Morgan, I didn't know you spent the night."

"Lauren and I stayed up late and watched some movies From what I heard, you two were up late as well" she smirked as Lauren entered the kitchen.

"Good Morning, Amelia," she sang. "oh Breakfast, Wow, I wonder what's gotten into you, or should I say who." She grinned.

"Oh lord, Please don't." I breathed out. Grabbing the tray I headed down to Lacey's sure that my face was beet red from my friends embarrassing me. Lacey was still fast asleep. Placing the tray on her desk, I crawled into her bed and looked down at her peaceful face. Tracing my finger along her forehead and brushing her hair away from her face caused her to stir. "Good Morning Beautiful," I whispered leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"Good morning Love, it's Saturday why are you awake so early," She asked pulling me down on top of her. She snuck her hand under the t-shirt and raise her brow, "Mmm no underwear," she teased as she cupped my ass and leaned up to kiss me.

"Baby your breakfast is going to get cold if you keep this up," I whispered against her lips. I pushed off her and reached for the tray as she sat up, the blanket falling from her exposing her firm breast. I placed the tray on her lap before grabbing her a tank top, "you're distracting me." I giggled as I tossed it to her moving the tray so she could put it on. Placing the tray between us I asked her about her plans for the day. "I thought I'd spend it with you if that's ok. She said as she sipped her coffee.

"I'd love that," I replied with a cheeky grin.

The door burst open as Morgan followed by Lauren strolled in holding their own breakfast. "Hey, lovebirds do you mind if we join you?" they said making themselves comfortable on the bed. Shaking my head we laughed and chatted over breakfast about the trip to Columbus for Thanksgiving.

The four of us ended up at the shopping mall to pick up some new clothes for the trip. Morgan and Lacey headed off on their own as Lauren and I continued to look at some dresses. "hey Ren, what's going on between you and Morgan. " I asked. "You two have been spending an awful lot of time together."

"She asked me out," Lauren shrugged.

"Who asked you out?" Lacey asked as she walked up behind us, we both turned and looked at her then to Morgan who stood behind her behind her.

Lacey turned to her best friend and scowled. "What?" Morgan asked as she moved to put an arm around Lauren as she grinned. "you Crawford women are sexy as hell." She yelped when Lauren elbowed her.

Lacey stood there glaring at the pair when her phone rang. "Crawford," She answered. "Sure we'll be there soon," she said ending the call, Morgan we got to go," She said before pulling me into her. 'I'm sorry love I'll make it up to you," she whispered.

"It's fine, I'll see you at home." I smiled and gave her a quick kiss before they left. 'I'd hate to be Morgan right now." I grinned at Lauren. I laced my arms trough hers as she groaned, "Come on we'll get something sexy for our girls," I laughed.

----------------------

Monday morning came too quick. Lauren took an additional day of to prepare for our trip tomorrow, I had a few things to finish up so Lacey was coming along to keep me company, our weekend plans to spend time together fell through as she as Morgan have been out on an assignment since they left Lauren and me at the mall. I was elated when she showed up this morning to pick me up for work, I know she's not looking forward to the trip back to Columbus but I'm hoping my presence will make it more bearable for her.

"Hey, love are you hungry I can go get us some something to eat," She suggested after we've been in the office for a few hours.

"God yes, I'm starving," I replied. What did I ever do to deserve this woman. "There's a deli right next door they make the most amazing tamales," I said excitedly reaching for my purse.

She waved her hand as I handed her some money. "I got this." She smiled and headed out the door.

Tem minutes there was a knock on my office door as it opened, "That was quick." I said not looking up from my work.

"Amelia Darling, I've missed you." a voice I'd hope to never hear again called out.

"W-what are you doing here Brad.' I screeched, Standing I pushed my chair back against the wall in panic.

"I've come to bring you home," He smirked as he walked towards me. "We've missed you so much," he said reaching out to stroke my face.

"Leave me alone, I'll scream." I threatened which cause him to laugh.

'Go ahead, Scream. I like it when you scream, " he said pressing himself against me. "Besides you don't want you little bodyguard to know of all the fun we've had, now do you?"

"I already know about the activities you and your boys have been up to Mr. Richmond and I'm sure your parents will be happy to hear about it as well," Lacey answered from behind him. "Drugging women to get what they'd never give you willingly." She spat. "Pathetic."

"Ah the bodyguard returns," he said pulling a gun from waist. "Looks like I get to finally kill you and get what is mine back," he chuckled as he walked toward her pointing the gun in her face. "Any last words?"

"Don't!" I cried out "I-I'll go with you just leave her alone."

"I don't think so, " he said as he turned smugly to me showing a grin. In that moment, Lacey stepped forward placing her hand over the one he held the gun with and yanked him toward her head butting him in the process. The gun went off the bullet hitting the wall behind her as they struggled.

"Lia, get down" she yelled as Brad elbowed her in her side. Never letting go of his hand with the gun she continued to fight him. he knocked her over falling on her in the process.

"Bitch you've fucked with me for the last time!" he growled as he punched her in the face with his free hand. The door flew open as another man rushed in hitting brand in the head with his own gun stunning him enough to make him release his hold on the gun.

"Gunny, are you ok?" he asked Lacey.

"Took you long enough." She groaned while rolling away from Brad as the man placed him in handcuffs.

I rushed over and threw myself in Lacey's arms as she stood, "It' okay Love," she tried to soothe me as I continued to cry. She picked me up and walked over to my desk and sat me down on top of it. "Are you hurt?" she asked looking me over. I shook my head and placed my hand gently on the bruise that was starting to show on her cheek. "I'm fine," She said trying to calm me down as she wiped the tears falling from my face.

"Lace," I turned to see Morgan rushing through the door. "Get him out of here," she ordered the man detaining Brad. "What the hell happened." she asked after the men left.

"H-He, " I started between sobs.

"He came for Amelia again," Lacey answered for me.

"You know I'm going to have to let him go," Morgan grumbled.

"I know." Lacey replied sounding defeated.

"What? Why" I shot out.

"I'll explain it to you on the way home," Lacey responded as she picked up my things and led me to the door. "See you at the house Morg." She finished as we headed to the elevator.