Ideal Citizen

An ideal citizen in my opinion is someone who possess many qualities such as being honest, abides to the law, trustworthy, reliable, charitable and much more. Not everyone can or is an ideal citizen, but we can do our best to come as close to it as possible. We all make mistakes and like to take short-cuts which can cause others problems but make our life easier. It's pretty hard to find someone who is even close to being an ideal citizen in the ever growing economy.

Being an ideal citizen can be very tough, and I know for a fact that I am far away from reaching that goal. I try my best to abide by the law/rule and to be honest and trustworthy, but if an opportunity presents itself that can help me move up in the food chain of society, I will take hold of it run. It's hard to turn down an opportunity that can help in such a fast paced world. It's either keep up or fall behind and get left.

There are people who try their best (unlike me) to be the best they can be and that's where the saying, "nice guys finish last" comes into play, because those people will get left behind. It's survival of the fittest and if a person turns down an opportunity that can help them; someone will grab it and jump right ahead leaving the poor sucker who tried to be an "ideal citizen" left behind.

I personally don't believe in the "ideal citizen." I would applaud those who try to achieve the unreachable goal of the "ideal citizen," but would laugh behind their backs for doing so. People are presented with opportunities everyday to jump ahead the person above them and if it doesn't evolve murder or hurting that person in anyway, then why not? If you don't take the opportunity, someone else will and they will turn around and start laughing.

The world is filled with people just want to get ahead in life, even if it means sacrificing the title of being an "ideal citizen." If an opportunity presents itself, grab it and don't let go because if you do, you'll get left behind.

---

A/N: LOL!