Chapter 6 - Boys will be Boys.

The minute I had opened my eyes, my view was of a man with elaborate face paint on his skin, fake blood streaming down his nose and bruises across his collarbone. And, this man was smiling enthusiastically at me.

"Didn't you hear me just now? I wasn't going "Blondie, look here!" for nothing! You even made me destroy the props to this performance just to get your attention! Aren't you ashamed of what you have done?"

"Hey man, who's the chick?" That came from another guy's voice.

My heart raced as the other people from behind the jail bars started to bend and twist the bars to leave their jail. All of them looked at me curiously, perhaps wondering why my face was so pale. It was understandable really - I was basically face-to-face with people who were just freaking me out a few minutes ago.

"Blondie! Don't be selfish by keeping all those brimming thoughts to yourself. Share what you have to say with me. I'm here aren't I? After all, I broke out of jail just to see you, didn't I?" He added the last bit while motioning to the twisted scraps of the steel bars.

I scoffed at him. "Those aren't steel bars! They are probably just plastic tubings spray painted with silver paint. I know that you're not that strong."

"Will you just look at yourself, I've got you talking at last!" He excitedly exclaimed, before narrowing his eyes at me. "Do not question my masculinity, I am a very strong and tough man."

Something about what he said made him seem like a funny comedy character to me, trying to convince others to trust that he's strong. On the other hand, something about the way he had said that made him look pretty cool and suave. But oh well, I could be blind.

"What are you doing here? Are you some kind of professional scarer?" I asked.

"Actually, most of us here are just students of the school. I don't even know why the guy you're talking to is even here."

I whipped my head around to look at the guy who said that. True enough, the boys all looked like they were around Jason's age - 15. I couldn't really make out their faces though, due to the amount of face paint splattered across their faces. It was freaky how these little boys were basically giving me a heart attack just a while ago.

"So, you just came here uninvited?" I asked.

"No! I'm their Literature teacher and they just hate literature."

Now, I was confused. "A teacher? Didn't you say that you were a lawyer before?"

"I have two jobs, Blondie."

I mockingly glared at him as he said that while he, as a reply, smirked back at me. He was seriously getting on my nerves.

"Dude, are you going to introduce us or are we going to stay here like this forever?" I heard one of the students ask.

I could see that he was slightly annoyed as he turned around and revealed the five fifteen year old boys behind him. "These are my children," he proudly announced.

For a minute there, my head chose to register his words.

"Eww. Who would want to live in a house with you?" they simultaneously said.

It was quite amusing really. They were like a boy band that just sang together at the same time.

"I'm Caleb," said a blonde guy.

"Lance," said a ginger head while looping his arm over his twin. "And this is my twin, Lucas."

"Antonio," said a brunet.