Chapter 11 - Sweet Serenades

I heard Antonio groan in response.

"I hate this guy. Always have, always will," muttered Lance. "He just had to spoil the fun."

Orlando sighed and patted his head. "Couldn't you at least pretend to be more excited to see me?"

Chad looked astonished at his older replica as he dropped his phone. Then, he looked at me. "Was my voice not threatening enough?"

"Yeah, you could say so. But also, your voice is really quite loud so I could hear it from a distance," came Orlando's reply.

"Why are you here by the way?" I asked him.

Taking my hand in his, he gently kissed it. "Because I missed you."

The rest of the boys groaned in response. "We could always leave this room to you two and go to another room."

Smiling rather apologetically at the boys, I patted Orlando's head and ruffled his hay-like hair. He tried to touch my head in response but I slapped his hand away immediately.

"Don't touch the hair."

Like the childish kid he was, he pouted and crossed his arms in mock anger.

"Dude, it's killing all of us here to see you succumbing to her like a dog to his owner."

I laughed heartily as Orlando shot a glare at them who were laughing along with me.

"You should bring these guys along with you more often. They are a joy to have around," I told him.

Turning towards me, his eyes softened as he pulled me into a tight hug. I stayed seated on his lap because I had nowhere else to go as he chuckled at me.

"Now why would I do that if that meant reducing our one-on-one time together?" he murmured into my ears.

I heard a cough from his students as they got up, dusting their jeans. "We'll be off, don't want to interrupt your together time. Sasha, call us up anytime if this guy is being a nuisance or if you need to get a new boyfriend," said Chad as he looked at me with a firm look on his face.

"Bye bye!" said Lucas.

And, they were off to who-knew-where, leaving Orlando and I alone.

I spun my head around and looked at him, baffled. "How did you know that we were here in the first place?"

He grinned as he answered me. "I was with one of my clients. Don't forget, I am still a legit lawyer. It's just that I teach part time because I've got an interest for literature."

"How romantic."

"But of course. How else could I have managed to sweep your damsel feet off the floor?"

I hit his head with my phone, causing him to groan in pain. "I'm not a damsel in distress."

"Ow! I've been teaching all morning, couldn't you be nicer to my head?" he whined.

Oh, so that's why he called me up so early in the morning. He was getting ready to go to school.

He pointed at his head. "Kiss it."

I grimaced. "No!"

"You're my girlfriend now so I have the right to tell you to do so. So, kiss my head."

I rolled my eyes and lightly kissed the top of his head. The smell of wooden spices filled my nostrils as I looked down at his face and smiled.

His cheeks began to turn a light shade of red as he looked away from my eyes. "Why the sudden small smile?"