Chapter 10 - Comeback

My ears pricked at the sound of an awful screeching tone that was coming from the side table next to me. Cringing, I yawned loudly and looked at the caller ID on my vibrating phone: Sergeant Sexy.

"Good morning Blondie, how did you like your new ringtone?" Orlando spoke.

I got up and stared at my phone. He awoke me from my sleep just to hear some stupid song?!

"What the hell are you doing, waking me up at this ungodly hour? Don't you know how early it is? Don't you know that people need sleep?" I yelled into the phone.

There was a brief pause and for a moment there, I thought that he had just hung up on me.

"So I take it that you enjoyed my little surprise?"

"Orlando!"

I could hear his laughter through the phone. "Maybe I should wake you up more often just to hear you scream my name like that. Or maybe, you could just call me sergeant sexy, as per the caller ID on your phone."

I could already imagine the smirk that was across his face when he said that. Oddly, a little smirk of my own also appeared.

"You know, you're more of an adorable little boy instead of a cool and mysterious guy," I mumbled into the phone. "I should just change the caller ID 'Sergeant Sexy' to 'Boy Toy'."

A loud gasp filled my ears at once. "Sasha, no!"

Was it weird to enjoy how perfectly my name rolled off his tongue? It was like cinnamon rolls rolling down my throat - perfect.

"If you change mine to 'Boy Toy', I'm changing your caller ID on my phone to 'Booty Call'. Don't say I didn't warn you!" he threatened.

"Well, what's my current caller ID on your phone now?"

"Dollface."

Mixed feelings surged as I repeated the name in my head.

"Do I look too sweet and nice to you? Am I too sweet and nice to you?"

"Well, you've got quite a murderous glare that could wipe out a samurai clan. You also have a weird-as-hell temper. I mean, any other girl who received a phone call like yours would have melted into a puddle of happiness. So no, you're not nice or sweet to me at all."

"Then, couldn't you have used another more suitable nickname for me or just not use one at all?"

"Where's the fun in that? The best thing about being in a relationship is the part where you give one another cute pet nicknames. C'mon, dollface is good!"

Sighing, I spoke, "Fine." He really liked the idea of us being in a relationship and that felt quite nice.

"You'll let me call you dollface, dollface?" I heard his excited voice from the speaker.

"No, I'll let you call me something else besides dollface."

He didn't reply until a minute later. "I'll call you baby!"

"What?"

"No, wait. I'll call you crybaby since you can't stop crying once you start!"

"Orla-"

"Wa ha! Goodbye my dearest crybaby, I'm hanging up now!"

And, he really hung up before I could say another word. I looked at the ceiling without a word. How did he even come up with such a pet nickname? 'Crybaby' isn't even a decent pet nickname! How his brain worked was really odd. It's like the puzzle pieces were placed in the wrong places or something.