Chapter 2

I walked out of LAX feeling the humidity of the air that surrounded me.

The smell, I like it. I don't know maybe its the palm trees? It could be.

We walked to the nearest cab and put our luggages in the trunk my mom got into the passengers telling our driver where to go. "Huntington Beach Please" I heard her say, and then a couple words after that which I would assume is our house address.

It took us a couple hours to get there due to traffic, the traffic here is horrible and defiantly different from Seattle.

"So honey" my mom started " excited to go to your new school?"

"Yeah kinda, I mean you get to start a new life and since we're here forever I get to meet new friends" I said, ever since my brother and I were born in Calgary, my mom decided to be adventurous and move everywhere. Apparently she never liked it in Calgary, so she was always moving.

" and how about you Tristan?" My mom asked "Well yeah! Since we're in California I'm gonna meet some new people who like to surf!" He said excitedly. My mom chuckled. "That's good! By the way, your dad will be meeting up with us tomorrow, since his flight got delayed. The weather in Australia is pretty bad right now."

My dad is on a business trip he is the CEO for shoes, to be exact Steve Madden Shoes.

Yes he is the maker of Steve Madden. His name is Steve and his Last is Madden. I am the daughter of Steve Madden. But don't worry I'm not that snobby rich girl, you may think I am. I'm just normal but a little different from others. You are also wondering why I took a cab to my house, well first of all we gave all our butlers and maids a day off today so they have a chance to Rome around the city. And also because we wanted to live a normal life for a day.

Another 10 minutes passed and we arrived at the house or should I say Beach house. It was right on the beach, big beautiful and very modern. I couldn't believe how nice this house was. I hadn't realize my mouth was until my brother came and shut it. "Pretty eh?" He said. I chuckled at the 'Eh' not cause we're Canadian but also because he still says it all the time! Although I still say it.

I walked up our drive way, it was big there was a pathway the lead to the front steps, I open the front door and I was amused at how big and nice the house was. I ran to the back and whispered " wow this is beautiful, maybe I may like it here"

_____________

I picked out my room and started to unpack. Someone knocked on my door "can I come in?" My mom asked. "Door is open come in!" I yelled as I was in my bathroom hoping she would hear me, an I was right I hear a door open and walking towards my bathroom. "Dinner is almost ready and your dad will be here in about 15 minutes" she informed me, I nodded and smiled. "Hey mom" and she turned around about to walk away " yes honey?" "Can I go to the beach after dinner?" I asked " I was just going to ask you that during dinner" she chuckled. I'm guessing that's a yes then.

I finished unpacking some things which only took minutes and I started I head downstairs I headed towards the kitchen and the smell of tacos went through my nose. I picked out my seat which was across from Tristan.

"I'm home!" I heard a manly voice call out.

The man walked into the kitchen in came my dad! "Hey dad! How was your flight?" I hear Tristan ask.

"Tiring but at least I got on to a flight" he said sitting across my mom. The table is really long, my mom sat on one end and my dad on the other and my brother and I in the middle.

___________

As I put my plate away, I went back upstairs and changed into some denim high-waisted shorts and a crop top. I headed to my door but almost forgot to bring my longboard. I ran down the stairs and went through the backdoor. " I'll be back before 10" I yelled. And with that I put my longboard onto the concrete heading towards the beach.

As I reached the water I continued walking and taking in the view around me, "wow" I said.

I closed my eyes for a bit smelling the air, that's when I felt the sand underneath my body.

I open my eyes and saw a guy on top of me " Can you get off me?" I yelled at the guy who fell on top of me. He got up and looked around my age. "Uh sorry" he said as he looked at me with those eyes of his " I'll watch where I'm going next time." He said smiling down at me. " it's alright, my name is Dahlia By the way" I said as I stuck my hand out for him to shake, "Ryan" he said as he shook it, " uh I better get going my friends are looking for me" I nodded but couldn't help but look at his body, I blushed and looked away. And with that Ryan walked away.