Chapter 4

Dahlia's POV

Awkward tension filled the air as I was slowly eating my bacon. I still haven't had the urge to ask him why he was here.

It was only him too.

Like who does he think he is just to barge into my house and say 'Yup that's bacon'.

I don't understand.

"So Ryan" my friendly mother started "I haven't seen you in a long time"

Long time? What?

She knows him?

"I remember you were only 5 when I last saw you!" Dad said as she gulped down her juice.

5 years old?

Okay I'm confused.

We know each other,

... AWKWARD.

"Lia, you remember Ryan don't you? He was your first best friend in grade 1!" My mom told my with her chirpy voice.

".. Uh no I don't actually. The only memory I've shared with him was bumping into him yesterday at the beach" I say with a hint of confusion in my voice.

" oh well you two were best friends when you were little!" She replies.

Well you can probably guess by now I have really bad memory. Or it's just some evidence that we move a lot and I don't exactly pay attention to having friends around me.

"Ryan how's your family doing? I haven't heard from Tanya in awhile how is she doing?" My mom asks.

I'm guessing Tanya is his mom?

"Moms-"

Yup guessed it right

"Doing great, she's not traveling as much anymore. So that's a plus" his deep voice echos through the dinning hall.

"That's great! So glad she's put off her traveling for awhile I need to catch up with her!"

He chuckles, and looks up to make eye contact with mine.

I quickly looked down not wanting to hold my state with him any longer.

Although you wish you had. A voice in my head was saying to me.

I shake it off not wanting to think about it.

I got up for my chair and said "I'm going to put this away, and then head to the beach and explore a little bit."

All I got was a head nod and I walked out into the kitchen handing my plate to Marion one of the maids and walked out the door.

I stepped on the sand when I felt and arm tug me ad turn me around.

I came face to face with Ryan.

"Hey" he says ever so calmly

"I can show you around if you want" he says giving me a smile

I didn't want to disagree so I just nodded and started following him.

_______________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the extremely late update and for having it so short! im also sorry for putting this story on hold! I've just been really busy lately with performances and school!

I also have a question for you:

•Should I change Ryan and Dahliahs name to something different like Bethany and Jacob? Or should I keep it the same?

•Also should I change the title to something more creative?

Tell me what you think!

And some favors, since I'm new to this whole thing. I was wondering if people would like to edit some chapters for me?

Oh and possibly make a new cover photo for the book, I may hold a competition for it but I don't know!

If you have cover ideas or photos for the book and If you want to edit some chapters please let me know!!

Love you guys! And Happy New Year!

-MK

Comment

Vote

Follow