Kindergraden And Neverland

The Hallway Gabriella's locker

The Hallway
Gabriella's locker

Gabriella opened her locker, allowing a note to fall out. She picked up the note and read it. A smile appeared on her face.
_______________________________________
Science Club Roof

Troy was waiting for Gabriella as he was the one who left the note in her locker.

Gabriella arrived.

"Wow! It's like a jungle up here." Gabriella told him 

"Yeah, just like that cafeteria."  Troy smiled.

"Where I just humiliated myself into the next century," Gabriella told him.

"No! Come on." Troy tried to cheer her up.

"So this is your private hideout?" She asked.

"Yeah. Thanks to the science club. Which means that my buddies don't even know it exists." He told her.

"You pretty much have the school wired, don't you Troy? Seems to me like everyone on campus wants to be your friend." She told him.

"Unless we lose." He informed her.

'I'm sure it's tricky being the coach's son." She tried to imagine herself in that position.

"Makes me practice a little harder, I guess. I don't know what he's gonna say when he finds out about the singing." He told her.

'You worried?" She asked.

"My parents' friends are always saying, 'Your son's the basketball guy. You must be so proud.' Sometimes I don't wanna be the 'basketball guy.' I just wanna be a guy. You know?" He asked.

"I saw the way you treated Kelsi at the audition yesterday. Do your friends know that guy?" She asked.

"To them, I'm the playmaker dude." He told her.

"Then they don't know enough about you, Troy. At my other schools, I was the freaky math girl. It's cool coming here and being anyone I wanna be. When I was singing with you I just felt like...a girl." She told him.

"You even look like one, too." Troy joked.

Gabriella giggled.

"Do you remember in kindergarten how you'd meet a kid and know nothing about them, then ten seconds later you're playing like you're best friends because you didn't have to be anything but yourself?" She asked.

"Yeah." He replied. 

"Singing with you felt like that." She smiled.

"Well, um... I never thought about singing. That's for sure. Till you." He told her.

"So you really wanna do the callbacks?" She asked.

"Hey, just call me freaky callback boy." He told her.

"You're a cool guy, Troy. But not for the reasons your friends think. And thanks for showing me your top-secret hiding place. Like kindergarten." She giggled.

The bell rang.

Troy and Gabriella both sighed as Troy took Gabriella's hand and they went back inside.
_______________________________________

While Gabriella and Troy were having their moment...

Veronica closed her locker only to find Ryan standing next to it.

"Hi." He smiled.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Come I wanna show you something."  He held her hand and took her to the second floor. They stood in front of a door Veronica has never seen.

"I've never seen this door." She told him.

Ryan chuckled, opened the door, and went inside.

"You coming or what?" He asked.

Veronica came inside the room. It had a giant piano in it.

"This is the piano room. Nobody in the school knows about it but me. I found it while I was roaming around during freshman year." He told her.

"Nobody knows about it. Not even Sharpay?" She asked.

"Not even Sharpay." He assured her.

"I come here when I wanna think. When I'm in this room I feel like a kid again. Not the theatre dork, not Sharpay's brother, not anything just... a kid. This is like my own little Neverland." Ryan told her.

Veronica giggled.

"What's funny?" He asked.

"It's just when I first sang with you I felt like I was a kid again. Like I was in Neverland." She told him.

"Well now, this can be our little Neverland." He told her,

"I'd like that."  She smiled.

They were about to kiss when the bell rang.

They sighed.

"Thank you for showing me your hiding spot, like Neverland." She smiled.

Then she left.

"Neverland." He mumbled and went out the door. _______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...