This Was A Bad Idea

Outdoors basketball court

"Hey, Captain!" Chad called Tory as he passed him.

Chad tried to give Troy the basketball he was carrying, but Troy refused and ran off.

"What's with Troy?" Zeke asked.

"Don't worry about it." Chad told him.
_______________________________________
Back at the Bolton house, Coach Bolton walked out onto the porch to watch Troy and Veronica.

Troy was shooting some hoops. He missed again and again. In his anger he caught a missed shot and hurled the ball against the side gate.

Veronica tried to do a cartwheel but failed. She screamed in frustration.

Coach Bolton walked back inside the house, helpless.
_______________________________________
Meanwhile at Gabriella's house

Gabriella was standing on her deck in deep thought.
_______________________________________
At the Evan's house

Ryan and Sharpay tried to practice but Ryan was off-key.

"Ryan focus!" She yelled at him.

"Shut up Sharpay." He snapped at her.

She gasped while Ryan ran to his room and slammed the door.
_______________________________________

Next Day
Cafeteria

Troy, Gabriella Ryan, and Veronica cross paths on their way to their seats. Nobody said anything.

Taylor noticed Gabriella and made a motion for Gabriella to come and sit.
Troy tried to say something but Gabriella walked off and sat at a different table before he could get anything out. Taylor noticed this.

"Ryan!" Sharpay called for him.

He went to her without saying anything to Veronica but had a hurtful expression on his face.

"Troy! Hey." Chad called.

"Hey, V!" Lola called

The twins saw their friends but didn't go to the table.  Instead, they left the cafeteria. Gabriella and Ryan stole a glance at the twins as they left.

Chad and Taylor hade seen this and both got up have a talk.
_______________________________________
While they were talking they called Sharpay over.

"What do you people want now?" She asked in annoyance as she walked up to them.

"We need to get them back together they look miserable," Taylor told her.

"No way! I finally have my show back!" With that she walked away.
_______________________________________
Science Club Roof

Troy and Veronica were sitting miserably, Veronica's head was on Troy's shoulder as Chad, Zeke, Jason, and the cheerleaders arrived.

"Hey, um... We all just had a meeting." Chad told them.

"Oh, wonderful," Troy said sadly.

"We had a meeting about how we haven't been acting like friends. I mean us, not you. Look, about the singing thing-"  Chad was just beginning to talk

"I don't even wanna talk about it," Veronica told him.

"Me neither," Troy said

"We just want you to know that we're gonna be there. Ok, cheering for you." Lola told them.

"Huh?" The twins asked confused.

"Yeah, if singing is something you two wanna do, we should be boosting you up, not tearing you down," Zeke told them.

"Yeah. Win or lose, we'll always be here for you two. That's what we're about. Even if both of you turn out to be the worst singers in the world." Chad tried to lighten the mood but it didn't work.

"Which we don't know because we haven't actually heard either of you sing," Jason spoke up.

"And you're not gonna hear me sing, guys. Because Gabriella won't even talk to me...and I don't know why." Troy told them.

"And I'm not talking to Ryan. I don't even know what went wrong between us."  Veronica told them.

"We do," Chad told them.

Zeke reached into his lunch bag and took out two items which resemble sugar cookies.

"I baked these fresh today. You two  probably want to try one before we tell you the rest."  Zeke told them.
_______________________________________

Science Club

Gabriella was writing an equation on the board.

"Gabriella, we were jerks. No, we were worse than jerks because we were mean jerks. We thought Troy and the whole singing thing was killing our chances of having you on the scholastic decathlon team."  Taylor told her.

"I heard what he had to say. I'm on your team now. Done." Gabriella told them.

"No, not done. We knew that Chad could get Troy to say things to make you want to forget about the callbacks. We planned it, and we're embarrassed and sorry." Taylor apologized.

"No one forced Troy to say anything. And you know what? It's ok. We should be preparing for the decathlon now, so it's time to move on."  Gabriella was stubborn.

"No, it's not ok. The decathlon is whatever, but how you feel about us, and even more, Troy that's what really matters." Taylor was beginning to get frustrated by her stubbornness.

Gabriella simply turned and continued what she was writing on the chalkboard.

"We tried,"  Taylor told her fellow classmates.
_______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...