The Break Up Plan (1)

Next daySchool library

Next day
School library

"What spell has this elevated-IQ temptress girl cast that suddenly makes you wanna be in a musical?" Chad asked Troy.

"Look, I just did it. Who cares?" Troy asked.

"Who cares? How about your most loyal best friend." Chad told him.

"Quiet in here, Mr. Danforth." The Liberian told him. 

'It's him Ms. Falsaff, not me.' Chad innocently pointed to Troy.

Ms. Falsaff moved on.

"Look, you're a hoops dude, not a musical singer person." Chad handed a basketball to Troy, who sighed, and tossed it right back to Chad.

"Have you ever seen Michael Crawford on a cereal box?" Chad asked.

"Who's Michael Crawford?" Troy asked.

"Exactly my point. He was the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Now my mom has seen that musical 27 times and put Michael Crawford's picture in our refrigerator. Yeah, not on it, in it. So my point is, if you play basketball, you're gonna end up on a cereal box. If you sing in musicals, you'll end up in my mom's refrigerator." Chad explained.

"Why would she put his picture in her refrigerator?" Troy asked.

"One of her crazy diet ideas. Look, I- I don't attempt to understand the female mind, Troy. It's a frightening territory. How can you expect the rest of us to be focused on a game if you're off somewhere in leotards singing 'Twinkle Town'?" Chad asked.

"No one said anything about leotards," Troy told him.

"Not yet, my friend, but just you wait. Look, we need you,  Captain. Big time." Chad told him.

"Mr. Danforth." The Librarian warned him again. 

"I tried to tell him, Ms. Falsaff. Really tried." Chad said the last part looking at Troy and walked away.
_______________________________________
Classroom

Chad, Zeke Jason, and the cheerleaders marched into the science classroom and walked up to Taylor. Sharpay was also there.

"Why am I here?" Sharpay asked annoyed.

"Do you want Veronica to be with your brother?" Lily asked her.

"No!" She yelled.

"We have a plan," Chad told her.

After discussing...

"Do you really think that's gonna work?" Taylor asked Chad.

"It has to work!" Sharpay yelled.

"It's the only way. So we on?"  Chad asked Taylor.