Chapter 2~ A Song On The Beach

This chapter is dedicated to my SISTER, aLoveYouCantDeny because she read it and told me it was good before i even posted it, without her this probably wouldnt have gone up cuz i think it sucks but she seems to like it, so yeahhhhh... anyways ONTO THE STORY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2~ A Song On The Beach

**Alex POV**

I woke up to the shrill beeping of my alarm clock. I slid out of bed and walked into the bathroom where I hopped into the shower. After my long relaxing soak I dried myself and got dressed into dark faded jeans and a black long sleeved shirt with a grey wife-beater under it.

I turned on my radio and found myself listening to Mr. Owl Ate My Metal Worm by D.R.U.G.S. “If dying is your out then count me in I'm coming, maybe a different spin. ‘Cause I'm so used to being a coward, it’s all I’ve ever been. I quit before I win.” I sang along loudly.

I hear you Craig, I hear you.

After I finished brushing my teeth and brushing out my naturally straight hair that covered my left eye with my fringe, I laid on my bed and plugged my iPod into my speakers while simultaneously turning off my radio. I blasted My Apocalypse by Escape the Fate and played along on my guitar. After a few minutes I heard my drunken father scream up to me.

“Emo-ass! Yeah get down here and get me another beer, while you’re at it turn that shit off you fag!” he managed to get out between slurs. I sighed; it was no wonder why my mother left us when I was two.

 I got up and locked my bedroom door before I unplugged my iPod and slipped a Black Veil Brides cd in. I pocketed my iPod before I turned the volume on my speakers up as far as I could.

With my iPod in my pocket and my guitar slung firmly on my back I slipped out my bedroom window. There was a ladder propped up against the side of the house that I used regularly to slip out unnoticed.

After I touched the ground I made the long walk to the beach with my headphones in my ears. After twenty minutes of walking I made it to my sanctuary. I walked to the familiar spot on the beach where I always play and sat cross-legged in the sand.

I started playing to the tune of God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flats. After a few beats I began to sing, my deep voice rang out through the cold dark night and vibrated in my ears. As I came to the chorus I heard footsteps and another guitar accompany mine.  I looked up to see a girl about my age standing ten feet in front of me singing with her eyes closed.

We finished the song together and as soon as our last notes rang off into the night my ears were met with and uncomfortable silence. I was about to break it but she beat me to it. She was still looking at the ground as she spoke.

“That was the last song I played for my mother before she died.” I was about to say something to comfort her but she continued.

“I don’t know why I'm even telling you this but I think she would want me to tell you. Today is the one year anniversary of her death.” I pulled her down so she sat next to me in the cool sand and I began to speak for the first time. “I'm so sorry for your loss.” I said sincerely.

I could tell she wanted to cry so badly but she also wanted to be strong right now. For some reason I feel as if I have known this girl for my whole life, yet I don’t even know her name.

“You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.” I said softly.

“Actually I think it would be better if I did. She died in a car crash, a drunk driver ran a red light and hit her, and it sent her car rolling into the nearby forest. She died from the impact of the blow. I’ve hated alcoholics ever since.” My mind suddenly thought of my father…

“When the ambulance came and found her they said that the car was still playing God Bless the Broken Road, on a later inspection of her car they found that she had set that song on repeat, it was the last thing she ever heard. Rachael, my mother, was on her way home from seeing me play at my school for a talent competition, she rode alone because my father had to stay late at work and couldn’t make it to the show. I sang that song for the competition, turns out I won 1st place. The smile on her face was enough to tell me that I made her proud.

She wanted to take me out for a celebratory dinner but I went to the after party instead. If I didn’t go to the party then I’d be there with her… I’d be with her now.” And that was when she broke down.

My conscience told me to hug her so I did. She clutched to me tightly as she broke inside but quickly let go and wiped her tears. She looked embarrassed. She scoffed at herself and muttered. “You must think I'm pathetic, a year after my mother died I'm still mourning!”

He started to get up but I pulled her back down onto the sand again. “I don’t think your pathetic at all, people mourn over the loss of their loved ones for years, even decades. No one is pathetic for missing the people they love.” I told her. She smiled but I could tell she still had doubts.

I stuck my hand out “Alex.” I said. She shook my hand while saying “Sadie.”

And that’s where it all began…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so heres another upload (obviouslyy) and let me tell you my day SUCKED! ...sigh. so i posted the song that ALWAYS makes me happy =P listen to itttttttttt!! superman- five for fighting

how was your day? i REALLLLYY hope it was better than mine.

comment if you liked it, vote if you loved it, fan me if you beleive in unicorns ^o^ thanks for reading =]