Chapter 3~ Repeats Can't Happen

Chapter 3~ Repeats Can’t Happen

**Sadie POV**

After my unexpected emotional outburst Alex and I exchanged numbers so we could talk. It turns out Alex just switched from the school district over, Eagles High, to my district, Rosewood High so we will be going to school together.

Today is Monday so I'm on my way to school, walking of course. Yeah I still don’t have a car that I can use yet.

After a couple minutes of walking I saw a familiar head of shaggy black hair in front of me. I only knew it was Alex when I saw his usual mound of band bracelets on his wrists. Hmm, I wonder what that is about… I shook off the thought and walked silently up behind Alex.

I jumped on his back and screamed in my guy voice “Give me all your money!!” right in his ear. Alex started spazzing out and screaming while he tried to fling me off his back. I let him suffer for a few seconds before I yelled “Stop! It’s just me, chill.” I started laughing at him and he stopped squirming about. I watched him as he mentally questioned himself if he was going give me a piggy-back ride all the way to the school. I guess today was my lucky day because he hoisted me higher on his back and gripped my thighs tighter.

I rested my head on his shoulder and thought to myself ‘man he is really comfy!’ and that’s when I realized something.

“Where’s your backpack?” I asked curiously. “I left it at my house.” He replied casually. “Whhhyyyy??” “Because today is my first day and I won’t be doing much other than collecting books and filling out forms.” I laughed; I guess I didn’t realize that. “Well I guess you have a point there…”  

By the time our conversation was over we were standing in front of the school. I told Alex that he could put me down but he never did, not that I'm complaining, I mean hey! It’s a free piggy-back ride! So through the halls we went with me directing him to the main office so we could pick up his schedule. With Alex making horse noises and me screaming at random people we earned ourselves a lot of stares but we didn’t care.

We entered the main office laughing so hard I fell off Alex’s back and onto the floor with a loud thump. That only made Alex laugh harder as I tried to pull myself up off the ground.

I finally got up off the floor and saw that Alex calmed down his laughing. I looked at the secretary and saw that she was giving us the evil eye. “How can I help you.” She said through gritted teeth, obviously annoyed with our childishness.

“We came for my schedule.” Alex said after he cleared his throat awkwardly.

“Ah, I do believe you’re the new transfer student, Alex Hadees?” she questioned.

“Hades, ma’am, short ‘e’.” he said politely.

“Right, right, sorry. Well either way let’s not have a repeat of Eagles High.” She said as she printed out his schedule. Alex tensed at her words and tried not make eye contact with me as he retrieved his schedule.

He still wasn’t looking at me by the time we reached our lockers. “What was that about?” I asked as soon as the silence became aggravating.

 “Nothing.” Alex said deadpan. “I'm going to homeroom; I’ll see you at lunch.” He stated and walked briskly down the long crowded corridor.

I can’t believe that he would ignore me and dismiss my questions after all I have told him! He was the first person I talked to about my mother’s death for Pete’s sake! The least he could do is say ‘I’ll tell you some other time’ or some bologna like that. Whatever if he wants to play silent treatment then we’ll play silent treatment.

I sighed angrily and glared down at our lockers.

WOAH WAIT A MINUTE!

I knew that my locker number was 143 but what I never realized was that Alex’s locker, which was to the right of mine, was 1432. I let out a sarcastic laugh thinking that this was somebody’s sick joke and that they would come out from the corner and yell ‘SURPRISE!’ Unfortunately I know that it was the old 12th graders doing.

They had pulled the biggest prank in school history buy changing all the number plates on all the lockers. It resulted a huge fuss at the beginning of the year because no one knew where their locker was. We all figured the janitor would change them back but we were wrong, he was too lazy to do it and the school refused to pay him extra for it.

I glared harder at the numbers. To someone walking by it would just look like 143 and 1432, but to me it will always be I love you and I love you too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaya whos awesome? *points to self* THIS GIRL! lmao anyways new chapterrr, hope you liked it!

what did Alex do?

do you think he will tell her?

stay tuned to find out! (wow i feel like a news reporter XD)