Chapter 4~ We All Have To Face The Music Sometime

Chapter 4~ We All Have To Face the Music Sometime

**Alex’s POV**

I walked briskly down the long crowded corridor and into my first period class with my Literature teacher. “Today we will be reading Romeo and Juliet. Many of you will also be performing this play with the drama teacher. Now get reading, I want to see those pages flipping!” my literature teacher said. Great now I can think in silence.

God I hate the secretary, why couldn’t she just leave it and give me my goddamn schedule?! But no she had to stick her nose where it doesn’t belong. Why can’t I have a normal life?! I mean seriously, what I did wasn’t my fault; it was that fucking kids fault! If he would have shut his mouth and left me alone then I wouldn’t be here, I would still be in Eagles High!

Now Sadie is going to want to know … what am I going to do?! I’ll have to tell her sooner than later or she’ll find out from someone else and that will just make things worse. I’ll tell her soon. Even if she rejects me I’ll know I did the right thing… who the hell am I kidding?! If she rejects me I’ll do it again and I’ll break into nothing!

I snapped out of my inner thoughts and found myself in a whole different room than I was in when I began thinking. I guess I walked to all of my classes during my thoughts. I mentally high-fived myself for being so smart but even that didn’t help my glum mood.

The bell rang and I walked into the hall where I heard kids screaming things like ‘Hallelujah LUNCH TIME!’ I followed the crowd and found myself entering the cafeteria.

I made my way up the line and bought a purple Monster. (Surprisingly they allow pretty much anything here, I could literally come too school drunk, half naked while riding on a pig’s back and they wouldn’t give it a second glance) I would have bought a delicious looking hamburger but I was too nervous to eat anything.

I found Sadie sitting at an empty table in the far corner away from all the hungry chaotic teenagers.

I made my way timidly to her but sat down confidently as if nothing happened earlier.

“Come on out with it.” She demanded.

I sighed, “Look, it’s nothing serious. I don’t want to talk about it right now.” I shrugged and sipped my monster.

“I told you about my mother before I even knew your name that was the first time I spoke about her death, I didn’t even say anything about it to my own father, and I acted like it never happened. I trusted you and you won’t tell me a simple thing as to what the secretary said?!” she snapped, obviously hurt that I didn’t trust her. But the thing was that I did, I just don’t want her to tell me off and abandon me like the others. After a moment of silence she spoke again while I hung my head and let my black hair shield my face from her angry eyes.

“But I trust you to tell me when you know the times right, so for now I'm going to act like nothing happened. I'm thirsty can I have a sip of your Monster?” she asked. I was glad to be on her good side again and I thanked the heavens I had more time to figure out how to tell her.

I held the can of monster out to her and as she reached out to grab it, I knew I should have just slid it to her instead. My band bracelets fell down my wrist and exposed my pale skin and she saw it.

How could she not see it? It stands out like a sore thumb.

I quickly tried to snatch my hand back but she grabbed my wrist before I could. I could have easily pulled it from her grasp but I didn’t, I was tired of hiding it and I was tired of lying to her. She had to know one way or another and I had to stop running from my problems.

I watched as she pulled off all of the bracelets from my wrists and set them on the dirty lunchroom table.  Once both of my wrists were bare I looked down, I was ashamed and I didn’t want to see the disgusted expression that everyone had given me once they saw.

I waited for her to yell at me but instead I felt her finger trace the most recent scar on my left wrist. As she did this I felt my heart squeeze inside my chest.

I looked at her lap because I still don’t have the courage to look at her face. I saw two droplets of water fall onto her thighs before she abruptly got up and ran out of the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did Sadie go? is she mad? Predictions, Predictions...

So comment what you thinkkk and check out my new story that i just posted

He's My Guardian Angel?!

comment there and ill continue ;D anyways thanks for reading =]