Hour One

10:10

"What?"

The guy chuckled, and said "I said, we could make-"

"No, I heard you." Leia said, incredulous, dropping her hands from her face to look at him with indignation. "I meant- what? Why- why would you say that?!"

He lifted one shoulder in a shrug. "It was just a suggestion."

Leia bit back her retort of where he could shove that suggestion, and looked away from him (in all honesty, even in the crappy lighting, he was still good looking and though Leia was still taken aback and angered by his words, a good looking person saying that would be enough to make your cheeks go a little pink), before pressing her hands back to her face. "Well, it wasn't a helpful one."

Quiet hung between the pair of them, Leia lost in her stressed out, panicking thoughts, the other guy... well, he seemed a little miffed... but that was it. He otherwise seemed unfazed. Like this was no big deal.

"You have a phone?" he spoke again, eventually, after what seemed like an age but probably wasn't more than a minute at most, his tone helpfully suggesting.

Leia's mind stopped racing at his words. She froze for a moment, before letting out a triumphant laugh, and nodding. "Yes! I do!" she swung her bag onto her lap, and flipped it open, rifling through the contents, before her fingers closed around it and she pulled it out with another laugh, tapping in her passcode and...

No signal.

Ok. That doesn't mean there isn't any signal at all in here.

Her hope beginning to fade, she stood, and paced around the small space, holding her phone out, aloft, every angle she could, the guy's dark eyes following her as she went, curiously.

Nothing.

"Damn it!" she snapped, throwing herself back against the wall and resuming her woeful position. "No signal." It was her turn to state the obvious. She paused, then, all too-hopefully asked the guy "Do you have your phone?"

He gave her an apologetic look, lifting his shoulders up and dropping them down in an ah well kind of shrug. "Left it in my room." He paused and let out a snort of amusement. "I was only heading to the reception desk to ask for the WiFi code. And now... this." He let out another amused snort.

"Damn it." she said again, though this one was softer, whinier, and she screwed her eyes shut, tilting her back on the wall.

Even for her, this level of unluckiness was astounding.

It'll be fine, they'll come and get us out, any minute now. It'll be fine, they'll come and get us out, any minute now. It'll be fine-

Leia chanted the mantra in her head, trying to reassure herself. She had begun biting on the inside of her lip - a bad habit she could never break, one that felt comforting at the time, but resulted in annoying and unnecessary soreness later on- though the more she tried to will herself to stop, the more she continued to do it, unable to leave it alone because it was on her mind.

She sat like that, biting her lip, eyes closed with a small frown creasing the skin at the bridge of her nose, repeating 'any minute now' inside her head until, a few minutes later, the guy cleared his throat, and asked, slightly concerned "You ok?"

Leia's eyes opened and she sighed, before looking over at the guy, with one eyebrow raised. "I'm currently trapped in a broken-down elevator." She said, in slight disbelief at his question. "So, y'know. I've been better."

He raised an eyebrow back at her reply, before looking away from her, towards the useless doors, shrugging. "Hey, it could be worse."

Leia's mouth fell open and she said "Huh?" before shaking her head and saying in frustration "How could it be worse?"