Hour Four

1:01

"Oh, that's easy." Kai said. "If I could have absolutely any superpower, it'd definitely be teleportation."

"Why?" Leia asked, with interest.

Kai lifted his shoulders in a shrug, and half smiled. "It's just really cool. Y'know, being able to go anywhere you want, when you want, at will. No flights, no boundaries. I could go from home, to one of my friend's in Korea to, like, the North Pole to see the Aurora Borealis."

"Oh wow." Leia said, her eyes widening at his words. "I never thought about it like that."

"Yeah," he laughed, and reached up to scratch the back of his head. "I've probably given it way too much thought actually."

"No, no," Leia shook her head quickly. "It's... it's nice." She finished lamely. It was more than 'nice'. It was actually a beautiful way of explaining it... but that sounded even more lame than 'nice'. Kai probably already thought she was weird, with her freak-outs and everything, so adding 'wow, that's a beautiful way of putting it!' would just make her look... she didn't know. But yeah. 

"Yeah..." he said again, trailing off, reaching up to fiddle with the edge of one of the sleeves of the white t-shirt he wore, trying to flatten a bit of it that curled up. "I just miss Korea a lot sometimes, and flying there is a hassle and expensive..."

"If you had that power, you wouldn't be stuck in here." Leia chuckled.

Kai nodded, but in his head he thought maybe it's a good thing I don't have that power then. He gave his head a little shake, before waving a hand towards her, smiling that bright smile she was getting very used to. "Anyways, what about you? What superpower would you have?"

Leia bit her bottom lip as she thought about it, making a little humming noise as she racked her brain. "I guess..." she trailed off, before her eyes lit up and she snapped her fingers. "You ever watched the TV show Heroes?"

Kai shook his head.

"Well, there's this character... he's actually the main bad guy, but I wouldn't use it for bad, of course... but he has this thing called 'innate capability'. It basically means you know or understand something without the need of studying or previous experience." She explained excitedly. "Y'know, doesn't matter what you're doing, you'll be ok, because you've got it, y'know? And..." she started to trail off again, suddenly feeling silly and self-conscious. Had she picked a lame superpower? It wasn't exciting like Kai's... "Yeah." she finished softly, lifting one shoulder in a shrug.

There was quiet for a moment, before Kai said, with a firm nod and a smile "That fits you."

It does?

"But, y'know, I don't think you need that power anyways. You're doing life good without it." He said, with another nod. "You need to give yourself more credit."

Leia scoffed. You're saying this to the girl who had not one, but nearly two panic attacks earlier-

"Seriously, Leia." Kai said, and her thoughts stopped short. It was the first time he'd actually used her name towards her... and she felt her heart thump a little funny at it. He gave her that reassuring, firm smile. "You should have more faith in yourself."

He really was impossible – this guy was the same person who'd riled her up, calmed her down, flirted and teased... god.

They fell into a brief quiet, before Kai shifted so he was sitting up more slightly, and folded his arms across his chest, holding onto his elbows with his hands. "So, what question was that? Like the sixth?"