xxx. i love you

Finn walked out of his car. In his hands he was holding the perfect combo; an ice cream cone that was now covering his hands and a chicken noodle soup that was now covering his pants. That's right, he had spilt the soup all over himself on the ride to the florist shop. Way to make a first impression, Finn thought, I've always been great at those...

He opened the door of the shop with a swift pull of his arm. Janice, the florist, was at the front counter, smiling madly. He waved at her and mouthed "thank you". She nodded in acknowledgment and went back to helping a customer. Finn then hurried to the staircase to his left. He couldn't wait any longer.

He took the stairs two at a time, moving a little faster than a turtle. Before he knew it, he was falling. His foot had caught on the last stair. He was face first on the asphalt ground.

He cursed loudly. More than once. He looked at the starry sky and muttered. "Why tonight?"

Instead of continuing on pondering on his bad luck, he lifted himself back on his feet and continued walking to the roof. His hands were covered in gashes and his head throbbed in pain. There was a rip in the knee of his jeans, but nothing would stop him now. He would have walked through the Sahara desert or climbed Mount Everest for Autumn. Now that he was here, it was no time to back down.

He continued on walking, finally seeing the city skyline. He peeked further, trying to find the face he had been trying to picture for the last couple months.

Lydia had been right, he had fallen for this girl, mentally and physically.

...

Autumn was waiting, but it's not like she could complain. The city was illuminated before her eyes. It flickered softly in the warm breeze of the summer night. The moon was shining over her, bringing a silver glow to the image. The air smelled of freshly cut roses. It was as if the world knew that she was going to be meeting her love tonight. Or maybe it was because she was standing above a florist shop. Probably the latest, she thought.

She was nervous, but she was also thrilled. What if he's disappointed by me appearance? What if I'm not pretty enough? Those thoughts kept going through her mind and pulling her down. They were keeping her feet glued to the ground.

Autumn smiled. Even if this night was a total nightmare, she would finally be with Finn and that was the whole goal, right? She didn't need the ice cream, she didn't need the soup. The only thing that truly made her feel better was the third part of the combo. Finn.

Suddenly she heard a loud crash. Then a stifled cry. Her heart started pounding in her chest. She clasped her hands together and took some cautious steps towards the staircase where the strange sound was coming from. It came again, this time she could hear the voice more clearly. "Shit!" It said loudly.

"Finn?" She whispered.

"Why tonight?" The voice said in a hushed tone.

Yes, that was definitely Finn. She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and looked around. This was really happening. In less than ten seconds she would be standing face-to-face with him. The voice would become a person and her world would be turned upside-down.

Everything had felt like an illusion. From the first phone call to the latest. The last couple of hours had passed like a blur. She hadn't even had time to speculate over its events.