Sweater Weather

• Dedicated to All Professional Fangirls

5sos acoustic M&G in four days. 1D concert in six days. Help me. Please. ANXIETY!  Lol, here is another chapter. It's silly and light-hearted so enjoy the cuteness.

Comment

Vote

~Jjmintyfresh

Sweater Weather

Avery’s P.O.V.

I pulled on my blue hoodie as I slowly closed the door of the house where my roommates where still sleeping. It was seven o’clock now, and I didn’t want to wake anyone as I left to see Zayn. Without a car, I decided to walk along the beach.

The sand cushioned my every step as I placed my hands in my pockets from the cold morning. The beach was silent except for the crashing of the waves on the sand. Everything looked so calm and beautiful, nature’s pretty cool like that.

I blinked once or twice to make sure I was seeing things properly. Are those people out there? I squinted. Is that Calum?!

Calum and another boy were surfing, riding the waves so gracefully. I could hear his laugh from the beach. Suddenly, the wave broke and Calum came tumbling down. I raced towards the water.

“Cal?!”

I saw his head break the surface and he waved over to me. I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Hey Ave, whatcha doing?” He asked, as he emerged from the water with his friend in tow.

“Going to a bookstore to meet a friend. What are you doing out here so early, the lifeguards aren’t even here yet!”

“It’s easier to concentrate without little kids to bump into. Oh Avery, this is my friend Luke.”

Luke had sun-kissed hair and skin. His goofy smile gave away his personality instantly.

“Hey.” He smiled.

“I’m sorry for interrupting you guys, I just saw Cal go down and got nervous.” I mumbled.

“Avery, that’s part of surfing. Don’t you know that?” Calum asked.

“Well, er no. I’ve never surfed before.”

“Oh that’s right. Luke, she is visiting from No Sun Land.”

“...you mean Washington.”

“Oh yea! That’s it.” Calum smiled dorkily.

I sighed, “Well, now that I know you’re both okay. I’ve got to keep going if I’m going to make it on time.”

“You said bookstore? Let us take you, we’re done for this morning anyways.” Luke offered.

“That’d be great, thanks.”

~ ∞ ~

“Do you guys really need to strip in front of me? Seriously?” I asked as I shielded my eyes. We were standing in front of Luke’s blue Ford pickup truck, as the boys threw their surf equipment in the back.

“I’m not driving in a wet suit, and besides you’re the only one here.” Luke shrugged and Calum shrugged with him.

“It’s not like you mind anyways.” Calum noted.

I sighed, defeated, “You done yet?”

“Mhmm.”

We all piled into the car, but there were only two seats in the truck.