5. Outbursts & Apologies

Chapter 5 – Outbursts & Apologies

I carried on walking towards the field where Jake was practicing.

I walked towards the benches, he was with his friends having some kind of team talk, until they all separated and went to their spots or position.

He turned around, stopping as his eyes met mine. He almost seemed a little surprised to see me. Couldn't blame him though.

He smiled and waved as I returned one back. He went to his coach and said a few words before looking at me, his coach nodded and Jake came running towards me.

"Hey," he said giving me a kiss on my right cheek.

I smiled. "Hey," I noticed that he had been sweating, I found it disgusting and I think I can relate to most people. I tried not making a face.

"So what brings you here?" he asked.

"Just needed a little break from English class." He looked at me suspiously.

"What's the real reason?" he continued. "Come on Scar, I know something is up." How can he tell?

I tried to not make it obvious...?

I sighed giving up; he's going to find out somehow from me anyway.

"Just because I'm partnered with Axel in a play and he's acting like a jerk." I didn't tell Jake about the theme of the play, him knowing that me and Axel are partnered is far enough.

I looked at Jake and saw his featured soften. "Glad to know were on the same page." He winked, I chuckle light but I was more serious. "You know I'm still surprised that he is still in this high school after what had happened in the summer break." Jake's never going to let that go is he?

"Why do you have a problem with him." He shook his head. "Tell me." I said seriously.

He sighed. "He's dangerous, when you told me that Allison is in a relationship with Seth, I thought that was okay since I didn't have any problem with him. But then you said Axel is going to be spending more time with you guys. I didn't like that idea from the start, he's far too dangerous, and he can hurt you."

I sighed smiling at him. "You'll be there to protect me." I said teasingly.

No offense to Jake, but Axel has a bigger build than Jake does. Jake has a muscular body, but Axel is a little stronger looking.

He gave me a peck on the lips. "Of course I will be, I'm Jake Wesley, no one can out run me!" he shouted as heroic as he can. I laughed as he tries to act all of superhero.

Coach Johnson looked at us, which meant Jake had to go back to the field.

I wonder if Coach heard Jake? I laughed at the thought.

"I gotta go, but wait for at lunch?" I nodded, he quickly slipped out something from his pocket, it was the necklace.

How did he get it?

I touched my neck and noticed it wasn't there.

"You dropped it when you were at Allison's place for the movie night. She gave it to me this morning and here it is, I'm returning it back to you." He said smiling, he unclasped the necklace as I put my hair on one side and turn around. I felt the coldness touch my skin, I couldn't believe I didn't noticed this necklace was missing.

I wonder what Jake thought of me.

Once he was done I smiled and kissed him on the lips, he responded back.