|| C H A P T E R . 22 || PART I

Beau.

When did we lose our minds?

Was it when our purity was stripped away from our innocent hearts and left our eyes fury red like black bulls? I can't stomach this world any longer, the people inside it had caused us too much pain that chaos has entered our eardrums—

We started hearing things, deceived noises we shouldn't be listening to or ones that weren't actually there and potentially go mad.

We might be psychotic or schizophrenic

  — Ebonee 

Beau smelled like restlessness and comfort as I nuzzled my face further into his warm flesh and cotton fabric. His arm enclosed around her shoulders and the silence was extremely bliss enough to enjoy it.

Until he broke it.

"You still have that hickey on your neck there." Beau whispered and his thumb traced the love bites he shaped over my brown skin. I smacked his hand away and he chuckled to himself with deep hollows and creases around his mouth flashing a row of teeth.

I tried not to stir by the stroke of his finger making circles on my shoulder and inner thigh, "Yeah after you messed up my flawless skin. Now it's bruised." It wasn't true, my skin wasn't flawless as I set out the truth in a jokingly manner made his smile turn upside down.

"What about me?" He asked and rolled over on his stomach to lift up his shirt revealing markings similar to cat scratches on his back and were smaller blotches of X's and filled O's.

I glanced everywhere but him with a guilty look on my face sporting a bold face lie. "Those aren't my scratch marks."

Beau let the shirt drape back over his milky sand complexion and rolled around to run his fingers through his hair, "Yeah, they are. I was only with you that night."

I concaved my lower lip in and sunk my teeth into it, "Jeez, you have sensitive skin then. Sorry." Beau's shirt left some of his skin exposed and he still settled his eyes on me.

"Well, it just tells me that I'm doing something right."

I used all my strength to playfully shove him off the bed and when he barely budged his eyes were smiling this time.

Beau checked the time and his expression drained out of him bringing about his stiffened posture.

"Uhm." He used his hand to push himself upright and really absorb whatever was on his phone. "I should probably head out now." He drawled out and caught whatever was on my face because the frown deepened.

"Don't look at me like that," he calmly said.

My eyes enlarged already sitting up as well, "What?"

He heavily sighed getting up, "Okay Ebonee. Let's keep pretending it's not on your mind or in fact, you're not thinking about it." Beau grabbed his pullover and gets sucked up in the black sweatshirt, filling out the sleeves with his arms. He adjusted on his cap over his hair preparing to take off and I just sat there.

He then dropped his hands to walk over to me, leaning in. He placed his hands on either side of my legs to make the separation, "Because I come back. Every time."