|| E N D . N O T E ||

I hope this was somewhat of a shock factor at the end, i don't know ... but. Yeah ! Lol.

I was going to have a prepared speech but never mind , I might just edit this along the year as I always do, never quite satisfied...

I don't think you guys understand...how important this means to me you got this far, actually. This novel was so close , so close ...to being deleted at chapter ten because of the views I was getting and no one wanting to read my book because it's "depressing" and "sad".

T H E || S T A R T
Long story short, it actually is because it's about me .
BROWN SKIN was merely a novel to write about the girls that aren't labeled as such stereotype like "fiesty," "dominant", or "loud" and I wanted to write something that was authentic, a storyline I could truly connect to because I knew somewhere...out there, there are girls like me . Black girls who are quiet, who like books, or maybe follow the trends of today's society but it's extroverted about it.
That's where all of this comes in.
So. That's why. I feared always saying depression because one of my friends saw that as "self-diagnosing when there's seriously people out here that take pills for the mental condition" which is true. But, there are different levels to depression as well and I would never compare it to someone else's ever, but two years ago, I've never felt so all the negative adjectives you could think of . (I'm trying not to cry right now).
I don't have a lot of close supporters or anything, it took me 3 weeks to actually publish the FIRST chapter because everything felt so personal, so vulnerable .... I was really really scared how people were going to take it actually.
But because of you and positive comments I received , I did , and I'm really glad I had because my goal was to finish this before I go back to school.
"BROWN SKIN" is definitely my baby, and it was hard taking on the fact my own friends would never read something like that. I figured it was horrible or they never been low like that before. To this day i don't know, but everyone wished for a book like "ASLH" to come back but...
after going to France, appreciating and embracing my melanin, and going natural, dance , everything. It's changed how I want to write for the better I think.
So don't expect my books to continue to be the same, I'm still always experimenting , still learning , writing differently, hopefully in everyone's eyes I came a long way.

C H A R A C T E R S
Ebonee is definitely personalized to be me, and everyone else that could relate .
Beau is definitely a real person I connected with in my lifetime , and was white and kind of did the same thing he did in this book, leave , and never re-entered my life.
They always say there's a fragment of a story that is true in an author's life, well, there you go. You're told not to reveal that but I didn't really, all of this was a long stage I was in for a long time for two years.

SONGS PLAYED
(Just some songs I on my phone I played while writing this and inspiration or new music you want to find as well? I always liked when readers did this.)
P.S. I listen to a variety of music I guess , don't judge me . These songs just happen to work for that moment and the book at the time , lol.

I. Poet - BIBI BOURELLY
II. To Build a Home (and Extension one) - THE CINEMATIC ORCHESTRA
III. So Much Things to Say - LAURYN HILL
IV. River of Tears - ALESSIA CARA
V. Close To You - RIHANNA
VI. Learn Ya - 6LACK
VII. Love You - ROY WOODS
VIII. All Things Go - NICKI MINAJ
IX. Regret Your Tears - NICKI MINAJ
X. Gettin' Old - 6LACK
XI. While We're Young - Jhené Aiko
XII. Garden - SZA
XIII. 20 Something - SZA
XIV. Give Me Love - ED SHEERAN (theme)
XV. LOVE. (feat. ZACARI.) - KENDRICK LAMAR
XVI. Rain On Me (Intro) - BRYSON TILLER
XVII. Free Fallin' - JOHN MAYER
XVIII. Collide - JUSTINE SKYE
XIX. Pretty Hurts - BEYONCÉ
XX. Love Galore - SZA
XXI. I Believe - BLESSID UNION OF SOULS
XXII. soundtrack song from short film "ReMoved"
XXIII. Gravity - SARA BAREILLES
XXIV. Run Boy Run (Instrumental) - WOODKID
XXV. We Find Love - DANIEL CAESAR (major theme of Brown Skin)

I had so much more to say though, I rehearsed the hell out of this but feel so unprepared . If you have any questions let me know as well.

I'm always interested in reading comments on how this book made you feel.. what you took from it. Hopefully it was somewhat relatable and I guess "inspiring " I tried to be but ... I want to be speak one day to young adults , but we shall see. But I would really like to know though.

What part was maybe relatable to you?

How does the title relate to the book in your words?

Do you think Jewelz has the letters Beau wrote Ebonee or not ?

Do you think Connie was telling the truth to Ebonee or not in the last chapter?

How do you feel about Ebonee's emotions quickly changing from sentimental to anger? (I did this on purpose by the way)

Your interpretation of BROWN SKIN and just beautiful questions and comments . Lol.

Thank you guys so much for making it this far and if you have , it's clearly been a journey with this book and I hope you stick with me with more to come . Thank you.