Chapter 4

*Ida's POV*

I ran as fast as my feet would take me, not stopping even for a second. I knew that if they caught me, they would kill me. My hand reached to my holster, checking for Shay's gun. I knew that this would be my motivation if I ever wanted to give up. I'm sure I was making the right decision. If I remained with the Assassins, then they would make me slaughter more innocent people. If they were always going to blame Shay for something that Achilles did, then I could no longer be a part of that. They were asking me to be against my love. He wouldn't have killed me, I'm sure of it. We've been closer than anything for ages before this. I was alone, now. They murdered the only one I held dear. They were the ones killing innocents; they're all hypocrites. 

I stopped running to catch my breath, to take in all the warmth my body had created. I had no idea where to start finding the Templars, they've been off our radar for a while now. I had they've been surrounding New York. That was miles away. I sat on a rock sticking out of the snowy floor, not wanting damp robes. I reached into my pocket, my numb fingers shaking. I dug around for a bit, checking ever crevice and pocket. My hands tightened around a rather worn piece of paper. I pulled it out and opened it up, hoping it was what I wanted. My eyes fell on it; a map. My fingers traced the outlines of the different countries until I found America. The Homestead was marked on it, making my job somewhat easier. My finger slid over the route I had taken until I had found New York. It was far, yes, but not far enough to make me feel discouraged. I stood up again, looking out into the direction of New York. It was far, but nothing would stop me from avenging Shay's death. 

-

I walked into the bustling city of New York, instantly being pushed and shoved by the busy crowds. I lifted my hood over my head, concealing my face incase any assassin saw me. I walked with the crowd not wanting to draw attention to myself. My eyes were darting around in search of the enemy, my hand resting gently on the sword attatched to my hip. I pushed my way out of the crowd and found a building I could easily scale. I climbed up the building with haste, not wanting people to see me. I pulled myself onto the roof, and stood up, trying to find an avaliable place for me to sit without falling off. I walked across the roof, shoes making the terracotta tiles ring underneath me. I sat down with my back against a chimmeny. I drew out Shay's gun, looking in the magazine for bullets. I pointed the barrel away from my body and pulled the trigger, half hoping there were bullets, half not. All I got in response was a click, signifying there wasn't any. Typical Shay. I reached into my pockets to find some coin, all I found was some pocket lint. I had to steal from people. Great

I sighed and stood up, reaching the end of the building and climbing down, landing on my feet with a grunt. I joined in with a crowd, and readied myself. I slowed down my movements, and went in for the kill. My arm reached out slowly, reaching the womans hip. My hand hovered over her coin purse, and in one swift movement, my hidden blade sprung out, cutting the purse and making it land in my hand. I turned around and exited the group before anyone could accuse me of stealing. I tipped out the money into my hand and counted it. I reached the verdict that it wasn't enough, and set out again to find more people to steal from. 

After a few minutes of walking, I merged into another group and picked a target. He had a blue tricorn hat, grey hair tied into a ponytail with a red ribbon, and blue attire with a matching cape. I slowed my movements down again, and reached for his belt. I slipped my hand into his pocket. I was just about to secure my hand around the money when the man turned around, grabbed my arm, and pushed me into the nearby alleyway. He pushed me up against the wall, his icy grip still on my arm.

"Trying to steal from me, are we?" He spoke with a very stong British accent, blue eyes piercing into mine. How did I not realise before? He was the Templar Grandmaster, Haytham Kenway.

"Haytham Kenway," I smirked up at him, no longer intemedated. His face went from seething anger to confusion.

"Do I know you?" He askes, but still not releasing his grip on my arm. 

"I was an assassin," I shook my head, gaze not leaving his face. 

"I should've killed you by now," He said, "Why aren't you one anymore?"

"They were killing innocents," I said plainly. His face lit up, and the death grip on my arm was released.

"Join the Templars!" He suggested. He then put one hand out into the distance, motioning to walk in that direction, "Shall we?"

-

(A/N)

AYYY BIT OF HAYTHAM FOR YOU,,, it really sounded like a Haytham fic tbh i really didn't mean for that to happen omg

I think this chapter was better than the last few tbh but idk

Check out my other works is you haven't, and thank you for all the support! <3333