Chapter 5

*Ida's POV*

I found myself walking down the busy streets of New York, my shoulder occasionally being bumped by someone walking the opposing way. The weather was mild, the sun was warming my skin somewhat. It was good to feel a little warmness in such a while, the Homestead never got any sun, only snow and rain. The man marching next to me was explaining about Templars and what they were about, but again, I couldn't concentrate. Shay was still fresh in my mind, how was I supposed to forget so quickly? Was this the right thing to be doing if I wanted to avenge him?

"I never even caught your name," He said, snapping me out of your troubled state. I looked up at him and smiled, trying to conceal my worried demeanour.

"Ida," I reply

"Well then Ida, to join us, you must prove yourself," He explained

"What would you have me do?" I asked, eager to join them

"You must kill one of your former brothers, I'm afraid,"

"That's fine!" I chirped, maybe a little too eagerly. He looked down from his fixed stare with a cocked eyebrow and a smirk.

"I have heard that some of them will be coming over by boat. You are to kill them. All. This will happen tomorrow at dawn," He explained, having all the facts laid out

"Where will I stay?" I fretted, not wanting to be out in the streets for the night.

"You may stay at our hideout, but under close supervision. I don't know if we can trust you yet," His thick British accent weaving in and out of his words made me want to instantly trust him. 

"Thankyou," I nodded my head, grateful for the warmth and bed they were to provide you.

"What made you leave the Assassins?" He questioned, still eyeing me you. I could tell that this issue was going to be hard to explain for years to come.

"They sent my love out on a mission, which resulted in the death of thousands. When he got back, Mentor knew this would've happened, making him kill innocents. Of course, they denied this, defending their "innocence". In the end, they ended up killing him, contradicting themselves," I mumbled, staring at a fixed place on the cobbled streets.

"That must've been quite hard for you to witness," He gave a solemn nod, and looked straight ahead again, "Why were you trying to steal from me, anyway?" He asked, feeling his pocket in case I had stolen his money without realisation.

"I had found his gun on my desk the morning after his passing. I wanted to keep it to motivate me to avenge his death. Of course, typical man, there was no bullets left, and I lack the money to buy them," I shook my head, feeling my pocket in case the money I had previously stolen had gone. I watched as he reached into his pocket and took out a small pouch of coins, and held his hand out with it in. I looked up for confirmation to take it, taking his nod as a yes. I reached out and took it from his hand, smiling gratefully.

"Thankyou," I acknowledged, "You didn't need to do that," 

"Consider it as a warming gift," He smiled, "Now go into there and buy some bullets," He pointed to a shop on the other side of the street. I walked across the busy pavement and through the door. Walking down the small set of stairs leading to the counter, the shopkeeper looked up from his book and took his glasses off.

"Ahh, Madam, how may I be of service?" He smiled, pushing his book to the side.

"I don't suppose you have any bullets to fit this, do you?" I gently took the gun from the holster and carefully placed it on the counter. The keeper put his glasses back on, and tenderly picked it up, turning it in his hands. He placed it down again, taking off his glasses.

"I'll have a look in the back, this is quite a rare model," He smiled, disappearing into the back of the store. I started to amble around the store, looking at the various things on the walls. The door opened, letting a small draft in. Glancing in the direction of the door, a rather young man walked in. I wasn't sure if it was his charming aura or his looks, but I was immediately drawn to him. Shay would eternally be in my heart, though, no doubt about it. He smirked at me, looking me up and down. He looked like he was about to speak to me when the shopkeeper came.

"It seems I have two packs of them left," He concluded, putting the boxes on the counter.

"I'll take them," I said, putting the bag of coin in front of him. He took out the coins, counting them, then pushing the bullets in my direction. I picked up the gun and started loading the bullets in, quicker than expected. I nodded my head at the shopkeeper in gratitude and walked back out. 

I stepped out of the door, rejoining Haytham and carrying on our expedition to their hideout. There were still so many questions on my mind. Who was that man in the shop? Who was I meant to kill tomorrow, and how many? Could I do this? Would I ever feel satisfied knowing my love is dead?

(A/N)

AYYYYYYYY

IDK WHAT TO WRITE HERE

AYYYYYYYY