Chapter 7

*Ida's POV*

-a few years later [sorry, it's neccessary]-

I stood by the front door, my hand on the hilt of my sword ready to pull it out if need be. These past few years with the Templar's have been the most beneficial for me. All of those who I once called brother have fallen. Hope, Liam, Adéwalé, all of them. All except Achilles. We decided if we killed him, it would be a waste. He is nothing without his brethren. He knows better than to play with the stronger side, after all. In the ice caves, however, we did not find what we were after. We are in constant search for a Precursor Box. In Templars hands, the world would be in peace once more. As for Shay, I am still hurting. I loved him with all of my heart, and to see him get killed off in front of me? That hurt. I was even thinking of ending my own life, just to be with him. I haven't though, of course. Staying alive would've been the best option to avenge him. I am a grown woman now, I know the difference between right and wrong. I don't think I could possibly ever love again unless I meet the right person.

Interrupting me from my thoughts, the door slowly creaked open, the sound getting progressively louder the more it opened. From the other side of the door emerged a handsome man in a ponytail and a long coat. Something about his appearance sparked a small memory in my mind, but what? I turned around, engaged my hidden blade and shoved him up against a wall, putting my whole body weight on his. I examined his face, the scars on his pale skin stuck out like a sore thumb. 

"State your business, or forever hold your tongue," I hissed, bringing the blade closer to his neck, almost piercing the sensitive skin.

"Fiesty, lass," The man chuckled, his chest moving up and down underneath my weight. I bought the blade even closer to his neck, warning him that I was not to be messed with. 

"I'm not hearing an answer," I snapped, leaning on to him even more

"I'm here to see Master Kenway, alright?" He said, trying to pry me off of him. I stepped backwards, retracting my blade as you did so. He looked down at me, because of the significant height difference, and smirked, impressed with my skills. I turned around and led the two of us to Haytham's study.

"I'm sorry for what I did, did I hurt you?" I asked, not wanting to hurt one of my kind

"No, lass, I'm fine," He chuckled again, his melodic laughs echoing through the room

"Things have been a little out of control recently," I explained, trying to forget the way his laugh made me feel.

"You can never be too careful," He smirked, his strong Irish accent getting seemingly stronger with a smirk on his face. 

Once we got to the door, I knocked then opened it, letting the man lead the way.

"Sir-" The man tried to start a conversation, but abruptly stuck his hand in the air to signify him to stop. 

"Take this, you must do this together, as you can see I am busy," He snapped, handing me a slip of paper with instructions.

"But Master Ken-" I was stopped too and shooed away. We both stepped out of the office, and walked through the building together, I was just in front. I opened the door leading to the bitter environment outside, holding it for the man behind me.  Once we got outside, we stood still for a moment, trying to decipher what were to do.

"What do we need to do?" He asked, peering over my shoulder.

"It seems like we have to get some information from a tavern a few miles," You trailed off, trying to work out where it was

"That way," He pointed to the left, squinting into the distance.

"That's quite a way," I sighed, not wanting to deal with the man.

"We're doing it together, it'll be fine!" He smirked, but I had already gone ahead.

"Hey, wait, lass!" He called after me, trying to catch up with my fast-paced strutting.

(A/N)

SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED MUCH

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT IT'S ALMOST OVER:((((((((

AGAIN, IT WASN'T GOING TO BE THE LONGEST ONE BECAUSE ITS BASED OFF A SMALL FIC, BUT AH STILL THIS HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE

THANKYOUUUU*.*