vii

if they love you, they'll always find their way back.

"i have a surprise." jungkook smiled. i'm nervous.

"i hope you'll be happy when you see her again," he paused and looked back down on his phone — "her? who is she?" i raised a brow. i'm scared.

in the corner of my eyes, i saw a woman. mom?

i turned towards her direction while i froze on the spot. "m-mom?" i stuttered, trying to hold back my tears while i felt jungkook's hands gently push me towards her. she had a grin spread across her face, as she wiped the tear stains on her cheeks. i remember when she had to leave us for work a couple of years ago, thinking that she'll never come back. but she did.

i opened my arms, as jungkook watched us hug a couple of meters back. the feeling of warmth. i needed her, and now she's here. tears dropped from my eyes, as my mom sighed in relief. "you're so much taller than me." she wiped my tears as she tried to smile, but tears slowly dropped from her eyes instead. "is he — jimin?" she pointed towards jungkook, as he looked down in embarrassment.

"no. no mom, he's jungkook." i frowned, everything that had to do with jimin always seems to bring back unwanted memories. "isn't jimin your boyfriend?" she crossed her arms, raising her brow.

i looked down. i felt like crying, but i shouldn't. "m-mom." i stuttered, jungkook stepping forward to support me. "he left."

and then it rained.

-

[discontinued]