Hermione and Draco's Library Session

Hermione was nervous. Draco was being nice. Draco was never nice, especially not to someone like Hermione. And now he'd promised to meet her in the library and write a letter to her parents? Hermione couldn't escape the fact that there could only be two explanations to Draco's recent behaviour.

1. He's been confunded.

2. It's a big trick.

3.. He actually means it? No, he's being forced to do it.

'I mean, he'd even pulled a flirty line out of the blue!' Thought Hermione. She was by no means believing him, so she was very surprised when a certain slytherin walked into the library. Well, more of a prance. Hermione sat, completely gobsmacked by a table, and it must have shown, because Draco said as he sat down 'Close your gob, Hermione, you might swallow a fly.' 

Hermione involuntarily laughed. After she'd made at least everyone in the library stop and stare at her accidental snort, she stopped. 'You didn't call me Granger..' Draco thought she looked a little emotional. 'Women.' He thought, grinning. 

'Oh, would you prefer I called you Gr-'

'NoNoNoNo. No. Hermione's fine. Yep.' She restrained the urge to punch him, only in a playful way rather than a violent punch.

'So.. No Crabbe or Goyle. But I can't promise Pansy won't come looking for me.'

For some strange reason, Hermione swore she felt a pang of jealousy at the mention of Pansy. 'Parkinson?'

'Yeah, she's mad at me.' Draco looked away.

'Okay, as long as you write mum and dad a letter, I don't care.'

'Okay then. I warn you, it'll need correcting.' Draco grinned.

Hermione rolled her eyes and passed him a sheet of lined paper and a quill. 'Their names are Tom and Louise, though I doubt you need to call them that,' Hermione pushed back a lock of bushy brown hair behind her ear, 'Mr and Mrs Granger will do.'

Several spelling mistakes, five grammar atrocities and three ink splodges later, Draco's work was corrected by Hermione, who smiled and stuck her tongue out absent-mindedly as she worked.

'She looks cute when she works.' Thought Draco, tracing his inky fingerprints of the table with a quill.

'What?' Hermione asked. Apparently Draco hadn't thought it. He'd thought aloud again. They both blushed raspberry red and Draco mumbled something along the lines of 'Nothing.. I-I didn't say.. Anything..'.

 Draco wasn't wrong, because as Hermione re-read the letter, Pansy stumbled into the library with her group of girls. Draco recognised the smallest as Daphne Greengrass. Pansy was glancing dirty looks at Hermione, who hadn't yet noticed the gang.

Although he tried to act casual, it was obvious he was trying to avoid being seen with Hermione. Draco may have agreed with Astoria about not caring what people think, but the back of his father's hand was a much less favourable result of being seen with a muggle-born. Pansy's family was one of the 'Sacred Twenty-Eight', as were the Malfoys, and he knew that the Parkinsons were close with his father. Pansy could easily drop Hermione into a conversation with him.

Draco leaned across the table to Hermione. 'They're here.' He whispered, and she; stealthily glancing at the pack, nodded, and effortlessly folded the letter into an envelope and picked up her bag. Draco got the idea and went alongside her, speed-walking out of the library.

They could hear Pansy's gang's giggles as they followed, and, knowing that they could be trailed all day by the pack, quickly pulled Hermione into a storeroom cupboard. Pansy hissed as she left the library at that very moment, not to see the pair anywhere. 'OH MY GOD!' She wailed. Hermione and Draco could hear many of the girls attempt to tend to her. 'Aw, it's okay.' Said one. 'She's nowhere near as pretty as you, Pansy.' Said another. 

Finally, the group wandered off, Pansy's cries still audible along the long hallway. Once they'd turned the corner, Hermione and Draco burst into a fit of giggles.

'Haha, did you hear her?!' Hermione cackled.

''OH MY GOD!!' Haha, what a tool!' Draco guffawed.

'Ha.. I wonder why she was following us..' Hermione giggled, the laughs dying down.

'Oh, she probably thinks I fancy you.' A grin was still visible on Draco's face, which was bright red from laughter.

Hermione didn't say anything. They both stopped laughing abruptly, and simultaneously realised how close they were. The cupboard could barely hold the two of them, and, if someone was to open the door, they would see Hermione, rapidly breathing, and Draco staring into her eyes. They were centimetres away.

Hermione broke the silence. 'Well,' Her chest was still speedily rising and falling, 'I'd - Uh, better go send off your letter.' 

'Yeah, you better.' Said Draco, though neither of them moved a muscle. Draco was still gazing into Hermione's eyes, and Hermione his.

The stainless gazing was cut short as Filch opened up his cupboard in need of a mop. 'OH HAGRID'S BUTTCHEEK!' He swore, and the two sprinted out and away so quickly that Filch had to be admitted to the hospital wing for severe shock.

*~*~*~*~*