Educational Decree Number Twenty-Six

At 10:55 in the night Harry and Ron stumbled into Gryffindor's common-room without warning, making Hermione jump.

'Where have you two been?!' 

'Harry had a detention, so I watched the Quidditch keeper tryouts.' Ron pleaded.

'Until nearly 11 O'clock?!' 

'I hung around with Neville and Seamus for a bit.'

'What about you, Hermione,' Harry asked curiously, 'I haven't seen you since breakfast.'

'Well, I was in the-'

'Library.' Said Ron and Harry simultaneously.

'Well, yes, and then I went.. Somewhere with.. Someone..'

'Somewhere with someone,' Ron repeated dubiously, 'well that's bloody helpful.'

Harry chuckled, but caught Hermione's glare and shut up quickly. 

'Give us a break, Hermione, we've got enough on our plates with Umbridge, we don't need you on our case as well.' Ron said sulkily.

Hermione had almost forgotten about their lesson with Umbridge earlier in the day. The vulgar woman didn't believe in using magic, I mean, what an idiot. She'd annoyed at least everyone and given Harry a detention for talking about you-know-who. 

Harry had been to her detention. Hermione mentally scanned him. His face was pastier, his hair showing signs of a sweat on his forehead, though his forehead was clean now. 'He probably washed.' Thought Hermione. Apart from that he looked normal. 'What happened there?' 

Harry paused. 'She made me write lines.' Something in his voice didn't sound right, as if he was holding something back, but Hermione didn't nag him about it. 'What a toad. What did she make you write?'

''I must not tell lies'. She really doesn't get it. He's back!' Harry barked, and two people shut their dormitory doors at his volume.

'We know, mate. She'll realise once he's murdered the minister of magic.' Ron said coolly.

'Ron! You can't say stuff like-' Hermione started, but a Gryffindor girl and her boyfriend came giggling in, passing before going up to their separate dorms.

'You know what, I don't care - I'm going to bed.' Hermione muttered, picking up two of her books from beside her and leaving.

'I swear, girls must be from Mars, or some other planet Trelawney approves of.' Said Harry, and Ron laughed loudly, so that another two people slammed their dormitory doors.

 *~*~*~*~*

Hermione slammed her door. The only thing she wanted to think about was her library session with Draco, and whatever it was that happened in Filch's cupboard. She sighed aloud.

'What's wrong, Hermione?' Asked Ginny, who was feeding a tawny brown owl.

'Uh, just boy trouble,' Hermione looked up sadly 'I guess.'

'Ron and Harry?'

'No, someone.. Else.' Hermione hesitated. She wasn't ready to reveal Draco.

'Oh. Well, go on, spill the beans.'

Hermione recited the events, excluding the bit about the train ride and referring to Draco as 'He'. Ginny nodded and made a few noises of approval, but Hermione was thankful that Ginny didn't say anything until she'd finished. 

'Well, what's there to be troubled about?' Ginny said coolly.

'Well,' Hermione paused, 'It's not allowed.. He's as pure as pure-bloods go.'