Chapter 20- Maya

Chapter 29- Maya

I like Dylan Thompson.

What?

No.

I turn my head to look at Dylan, his bare arm is rubbing against mine. I look down at my lap.

Maya, you idiot. How could you like Dylan? He's a player, a pervert, a cocky, sarcastic asshole. Why do you like him?

Well, its not like he did anything that bad to you, and he is sexy as [enter swearword here].

I sigh and lean my head back in the chair looking up at the roof of the bus.

What is wrong with me?

---

We arrive about half an hour later and get off the bus. We get in line to get a ticket from Mr. Greene then I walk into the park with Ruby after my bag is checked for weapons and whatever else they check for.

"Which ride first?" Ruby asks with a huge smile.

---

After we go on tons of different rides its already one in the afternoon. "Let's go get lunch." I say, starving because I did not eat breakfast. Yes mom, I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But my priority is really not breakfast.

We go to the food section of the park that has tons of different foods. I wait in line with Ruby to get chip n dip. I love this place.

A hand snakes around my waist and pulls me sideways into that persons side. I look up to see Dylan, his touch causing sparks in my body.

Ugh, why is he having this effect on me? I feel like when you have a crush on someone it just makes every tiny thing they do seem like so much more. For example he is smiling at me, just smiling, and I'm getting butterflies. Ha, I'm so fucked. I mean screwed, excuse my French.

"Hey nerd." Dylan says. I roll my eyes and move his hand, movie foward in the line with me. She keeps glancing at Sebastian who is talking to Ryan and blushing.

If you forgot who Ryan is he is the adorable yet hot other best friend of Dylan.

"If you ship Daya then I ship Rulain or Sebby. Sorry, I'm not as good at ship names as you so that will have to do. Even if its his nickname its still a ship name as well so too bad." I say to Ruby.

Dylan leans his chin on my shoulder, his breath  brushing against my bare skin, making me shiver. I move sideways, making him stumble a bit. He pouts, "You haven't said anything to me, are you ignoring me?" Dylan asks. No shit sherlock, I'm just mute now, that's all. I roll my eyes and face away from Dylan.

Why am I ignoring him?

1) Because he didn't know my name and I've known his name since grade three.

2) Because I like him so I need to get over him by staying as far away from him as possible but he is not going to make it easy.

I'm not one of those stupid book characters that only realizes she like she guy a few chapters before the book ends, no, sadly I'm too realistic and know when I like a guy. I like Dylan. Even if he will never like me back. At least I can admit it.

After we get out food me and Ruby get a table and sadly Dylan and his delinquents follow us. Dylan doesn't say anything the whole time, obviously knowing there is no point trying to talk to me.

"You guys wanna go on more rides?" Ruby says as we walk around the park. It seems like Dylan, Sebastian and Ryan are staying with us. "Yes! Let's go on the revolution ride!" Ryan says, grinning.

"I just ate, no way am I going on that." I say sitting on an empty bench next to the line of the ride. "I'll stay with her, I'm not really a fan of rides that spin as much as that one does." Dylan says, frowning up at the ride.

"Sure, you two can stay here alone together." Ruby says, smiling and winking at me. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at her. Mature, I know.

Dylan sits down on the bench, closer to me than necessary. I shift up, away from him. Can this guy not take a hint that I don't want him by me? Well, I do. But I don't. It just makes sense, okay?

Dylan shift close again, "Are you mad because I didn't know your name?" He asks. I look away from him, at the ground.

He wraps his arm around my waist, making butterflies explode in my stomach. "I'm sorry, Maya." He whispers softly into my ear.

Maya. Even the way he says my name is amazing and makes me smile.

I'm so fu- screwed.

---

I LOVE IT WHEN WE FIGHT JUST TO MAKE UP! FUNNY HOW BAD WORDS TURN TO MAKING LOVE! I GET UNDER YOU SKIN BABE JUST BECAUSE, I LOVE IT WHEN WE FIGHT JUST TO MAKE UP! Sorry, I had that song stuck in my head. I hope it's stuck in yours too now xxx

Qotd: "That's so fetch."
- Gretchen

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG